From the South - Home of the fried EVERYTHING!

Options
Hello, I have been on this site for 1 week with my weigh-in tomorrow and I absolutely love it. Actually, I gained my pounds over the last 10 years being on Prednisone. I am now off of that demon medication after LOOOOONNNGGG 10 years and I am so ready to get the 100 lbs I gained off. WEEE HOOO! I will be 41 this year (but feel 35) and I am hoping to be down 50 lbs by my 41st birthday (oh my 36th birthday). Wish me luck with my first weigh-in tomorrow!:smile::smile:

Replies

• Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You can do this.

P.S. prednisone is evil...can't imagine being on it for 10 years.
  • leasah
    leasah Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Welcome....and Roll Tide! Lots of support and advice here, I love this site.
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    You can do it...I'm a southern girl myself and today I fried EVERYTHING for dinner! I can't even think of the last time I fried something, but I worked out like CRAZY for the past few days, I lost a lb, and my treat today is F'R-IIIIIIIED CHICKEN with some F'R-IIIIIIIED okra!!!!!! Needless to say, I will be back on the workouts again with a vengance.....one day of good TN cookin' ain't gonna kill me.....just stick to your guns, work out, and make the right choices MORE than not...it'll be okay...:drinker: :smokin: :glasses: :glasses: :bigsmile:
  • nikkinikki113
    nikkinikki113 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me for support and motivation!
  • spcopps
    spcopps Posts: 283
    Options
    You live in Alabama huh?? Me too. My DH is from New York and he is actually the fry chef in our family. I grew up with a dad who had high blood pressure and high EVERYTHING so we ate everything baked..from our hamburgers to french fries..so after I got married I put on the lbs...It is tough but can be done. I have to make 2 dinner each night, 1 for me and one for DH and the kids (he still mostly does their meat LOL). It is sometimes a hastle but I figure it's the least I can do for me!