Anyone been using Eat Right 4 your type

Options
My physician suggessted the Eat Right 4 Your Blood Type diet. Have any of you been using that plan and if so how has it been working for you please? I am an 0 and have been eating like an A so am making big changes.

Replies

• Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    have never heard of this. please explain in detail.
  • kelley4123
    kelley4123 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Mmmm. I would like to know too!
  • gigigirl13
    Options
    According to the dr. that wrote this book, we are suppose to avoid and benefit from certain foods for each blood type. I have been eating mostly grains, dairy, chicken....a little, veggies, fruits. Those are the things minus the chicken that type A blood people should be eating. So I now have to stop wheat, dairy, and eat meats along with the fruits and veggies. This is hard for me because I am not a fan of meat and love breads and cheeses. But am going to try it. I will give the book credit in that it tells what health probblems can occur if a type O person does not eat correctly and I have those....stomach problems due to too much acid and arthritis. Hope this explains it a little better vicky14174
  • chicnsweet83
    Options
    I saw that book at barne's and noble and took a quick glance at it. I haven't heard much of it and wondering how they know what types of food our blood type should have. hmmm
  • gigigirl13
    Options
    The only reason I am trying it is because my physician suggested it and I have lots of trust in her. She says she has had 10 patients try it and were very happy with the results. I do not see myself doing it for a lifetime, but certainly am willing to try since I have tried so many before and it is so much harder to lose now that I am in my 50s.
  • dltldisney
    Options
    You can read more about this diet here:

http://dadamo.com/

There is also a database of foods at this site where you can look up how a food item will affect your blood type.
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I started following this a couple of weeks ago and then I got sick and the flu (not from following the diet).

I recommitted to it this week now that I am feeling better.

I was almost living on chicken and for my blood type B+ that is one of the foods that I should avoid along with wheat.

My blood type thrives on meat and dairy products, things I was limiting or avoiding in the past.

I will check in again with my progress/thoughts/opinion.

Karen
  • ryanmelissa09
    Options
    hmmmm. i definitely want to check this book out . Sounds interesting..
  • pwegman
    pwegman Posts: 6
    Options
    Never heard of it. Sounds interesting.
  • dwallace27
    Options
    I have read this book cover to cover several times over the years..It makes a lot of sense scientifically but it is pretty restrictive and hard to follow long term..at least for me. It classifies foods as beneficial, neutral and "bad" for your particular blood type. It is great to jumpstart weight loss and is healthy for the most part. Definitely worth checking out:)
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    We follow it in our house! It was tricky at first because I am A+ and hubby is O+, but now it's really great. We eat a lot of fish! (It's my only animal protein!) We've cut wheat completely that's been our biggest change. My husband says he's never felt better and I think he lost like 3 pounds in the first week and he was already eating pretty healthy. Says he feels less bloated and lethargic since cutting out wheat/gluten.

It makes so much sense to me. My father had almost every health problem listed in the the blood type book for type A, (except for cancer) high blood pressure, heart disease, etc. and he ate like a type O, meat and potatoes, wheat... Anyway he died after bypass of a major stroke at 63. That is too young. Needless to say, I've been sticking too it and it is sustainable for me. Beef had been making me feel sick for a while and I just ignored it because I liked the taste. I haven't eaten pork in forever because I would end up with stomach cramps for the rest of the night. I should have been listening to my body. When I started reading the book it was like a revelation.

Good luck! I hope you have success! Feel free to add me!
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    bump
  • char2009
    char2009 Posts: 68
    Options
    Hi, I've had all the books for this for a while but haven't actually really followed it at all. I'm type A. Lately I've been getting stressed like crazy and when i eat certain foods my stomach swells (I look like I'm 4 months pregnant) and I'm in extreme pain. Wondering for all of you out there that have tried it if it has helped you and if I should be actually following it to see if it does anything for me???