hungry all the time

Options
MFP has me on a 1200 calorie diet, and I am hungry all the time. I drink a lot of water during the day and that does not help. My body is not use this. I know it is going to be a challenge, but I need help. Does any one have any suggestions on how to help with this little problem?:sad:

Replies

• AZiemba
    AZiemba Posts: 17
    Options
    Eat smart, small meals throughout the day. I eat about every 2 hours, or before any kind of exercise. I can say I honestly never feel hungry. Also, plan your food for the entire day. It helps give you something to look forward to.
  • Malb3
    Malb3 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm on the 1200 calorie a day also, It gets easier when you get a routine down. For a quick hunger fix, the more you exercise, the more calories you can eat...lol....
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Eat healthier, lower calorie foods, so you can eat MORE while still eating less calories. Baked chicken breasts, rice, vegetables, whole grains, etc. Vegetables are a big one. You can eat lots and lots of vegetables, filling up your belly, for very few calories. Eat less during your actual meals so that when you feel hungry in between you can eat a snack.

It can take a while for your body to adjust. I rarely ever even reach my calories anymore and I'm just plain not hungry.

Good Luck! :flowerforyou:
  • jesshasredhair
    jesshasredhair Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I thought I would have that problem too, but except for one day where I added some calories, I have been really satisfied.

The trick is to eat every 3-4 hours and FILL UP ON VEGGIES. They are fibrous and you can eat a ton, but few calories.
    I promise you that if you eat 3 cups of veggies with your protein choice, it'll fill you up with minimal cals. Drink tons of water.

I have just started cracking down, but check out my last weeks worth of menus to see how much you can eat with not a lot of calories.

More processed calorie-dense foods have more calories and are less filling.

Also, try nuts and cheeses. A little goes a long way.
    :)