Please Help..Question On BMF? Very high Deficit???

downtome
downtome Posts: 529 Member
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
I recently got a BMF armband and I have been using it for the last 4-5 days. It has my target to burn 2450 calories a day but my actual burn is around 4000 or more, so my deficit is around 2700 calories a day and this is eating 1450 calories a day and it says I am getting about 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours of active exercise, and I'm meeting my goal of 8000-10000 steps everyday. I am doing 30 minutes on the elliptical each day as well. I was wondering if this sounds right with the deficit being so high and all. MFP has a deficit of 990 calories a day. I'm a little lost here on why my deficit is so high and if this sounds right. I wear the armband almost 24 hours a day only taking it off to sync it or shower. This would mean that I should be losing several pounds a week, so not sure here.Please help, what does yours say????

I would also like to know what constitutes as vigourous activity meeting 6+ mets as I only seem to get 1-4 minutes a day of those, my goal is 15 minutes. Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

Denise

Replies

• downtome
    Anyone, please?
  • rherrin5
    rherrin5 Posts: 136 Member
    Wow, I dont know really what to say there. Maybe just do what your doing for a week and see what the scale says. If you loose then id say its working for ya. I wish I could help ya out more. Good luck.
  • happies23
    happies23 Posts: 9 Member
    I wouldn't be too concerned. My fiance ends up with a deficit of over 1000 a few times a week. I say keep up the good work. You sound like you are very dedicated.
  • Thats a pretty specific concearn, I hope you can find someone with a similar situation. As for the deficit, to keep your weight loss healthy you should strive to keep a healthy deficit of 500-1000 calories a day. myfitnesspal can only be as accurate as the parameters you set into your goal. If you are more active then you said and your armband is confirming that then I would assume your armband is more accurate. Check your goal parameters and make sure they reflect the correct information based on what your seeing on your armband.

Thats about all I can offer on this topic.
  • downtome
    Thank you, yes I am trying hard to continue to be dedicated and stay focused. I have a lot of weight to lose so this is very important to me. I just want to make sure I'm on the right track and all is normal.
  • downtome
    It just doesn't make any sense how my calorie deficit can be so high everyday! I know I'm not that active, heck I sleep all day and I get most of my calorie burn in the evening and after midnight. This is so confusing?! I do my usual elliptical training and make sure i take my target steps, nothing else really except for normal walking around and doing some chores. It just seems that most of the time it's hard to get a 500-1000 calories deficit and my armband is saying over 2700 everyday! Weird!
  • downtome
    Bump
This discussion has been closed.