How long to make muscle?

Options
Hey Guys,

I just started an intensive Kickboxing Boot Camp. I will be going FIVE days a week from 6-7 am for eight weeks.

Monday, Wednesday and Friday will be focus on actual kickboxing while Tuesday and Thursday will be more like circuit training with squats, ab work, etc. All days include a nice warm up & stretching.

Now, how long til I have *muscle*? Will I have gained some weight from 2 days of this intensive class? Do you think 8 weeks of this is enough to see a drastic change?

Tips? Thoughts?

Thanks!

Replies

• warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing is not a resistance type of training so you will not get muscle.
    However if you eat right and go to all the classes you will probably lose those 12lbs that you have for a goal.
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    In order to gain muscle you need to up your calories above what you need to maintain as well, its difficult to gain muscle on a low caloire diet
  • 4alison4
    4alison4 Posts: 54
    Options
    You will definitely be more toned. And no, you should not be gaining any weight, even if you do build some muscle. Good luck, sounds like a lot of fun!!
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    hge change is possible depending solely on your diet ;)
    get that 100% and you'll be pleasantly impressed with yourself :p

doing circuit training will help build up some muscle for sure. especially if squats is involoved, lol. i assume you'll be doing lots of strenght circuit type stuff on tuesday and thursday. that's where your muscles will come from.

Just remember,
    Nutrition, Rest, Stretching will acheive results