Home or Gym

Options
2»

Replies

• jipper44
    jipper44 Posts: 111
    Options
    I'm used to the comfort and accountability of being in a team atmosphere most of my life so when I was at the gym taking classes, I really enjoyed the experience with many of the same individuals each day. Unfortunately, the finances don't include a gym membership right now so I'm finally taking advantage of the equipment I've purchased for my home. Adjustable-weight dumbbells, yoga mat, balance ball, resistance bands with interchangable handles and bars, and finally an indoor trainer to bring my outdoor bicycle indoors for the winter months. My most valuable piece of exercise equipment? MY IPOD DOCK WITH SPEAKERS! HAHA! Can't live without music :)
  • cohollywood
    Options
    Gym for sure! I have a very chaotic schedule most of the time and am almost constantly with my 4 year old son (he comes to work with me), so gym time is me time. It gives me a chance to escape his constant "whys" and do something for ME every day.

Plus, at home, I'm more likely to stop and "take breaks" that pretty much just amount to stopping and watching tv for the rest of the night. If I can make it out the front door on the way to the gym, than I know I'm good and I'll get a full workout in.

To each their own!!
  • NHGirl23
    NHGirl23 Posts: 2,657 Member
    Options
    Definitely have a preference for home, I don't go to the gym. But I have been enjoying Zumba classes lately, my new addiction!! :happy:
  • plw0616
    plw0616 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'd have to go with Home.... I'm limited with time and space, but the gym is too intimidating for me. I do happen to use Curves but as I've changed locations so many times each one is different in how they interact with the gym goers. I'm hoping that after I shed some weight I'll gain the confidence I need to attack the gym. I know I'd enjoy it! It seems to be better than home. I rather be around people than at my quiet house. I'll get there one day!!!! :wink:
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Home.

Simply because I don't want my flabby jubblies on display. Or the wiggly back-end for that matter.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I'm at the gym right now... there is some doofus here benching in a bath robe and flip flops.

:happy:
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I'm at the gym right now... there is some doofus here benching in a bath robe and flip flops.

:happy:

That's creating a horrible mental image; I sincerely hope for everyone's sake there at the gym that the doofus has some skivvies on under his bathrobe.

:sick:
  • flab2steel
    Options
    I prefer the gym, however I just got back into fitness after being away for a while so I currently workout from home for now. I find it more motivating to be around others.