Hello, all!

Options
Hi there! My name's Ashlie. I just joined yesterday. My goal is to lose 30 pounds, and tone up my body. I pretty much know I'm lazy and I really need to get active. But it's kind of hard when you have NO motivation. All I have is a mother breathing down my neck and making me not want to do anything even more, and friends that don't really care if I lose weight or not. My boyfriends tries to help, but he's kind of lazy too. Haha.

So some friends on here would be great! Maybe someone out there can help in giving me some sort of motivation, y' know?

:smile:

Replies

• MissAshlie
    Options
    Hi there! My name's Ashlie. I just joined yesterday. My goal is to lose 30 pounds, and tone up my body. I pretty much know I'm lazy and I really need to get active. But it's kind of hard when you have NO motivation. All I have is a mother breathing down my neck and making me not want to do anything even more, and friends that don't really care if I lose weight or not. My boyfriends tries to help, but he's kind of lazy too. Haha.

So some friends on here would be great! Maybe someone out there can help in giving me some sort of motivation, y' know?

:smile:
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    welcome and good luck :drinker:
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    welcome and good luck :drinker:
  • pack533
    pack533 Posts: 224
    Options
    Welcome to the site. I am also new here. I have found that it is easier to make changes in your life if you have support from others. I am willing to help keep you going and accountable for your goals if you are interested.

Toni
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Hoping not to sound harsh at all, and there is a TON of motivation here!! BUT... the motivation to make the kind of lifestyle change that facilitates healthy, lasting fat loss (I don't like the term "weight loss" because it's so misleading! Body composition is the important part!) is a kind of motivation that comes from within you and you need to feel that serious "I'm gonna DO IT!" feeling in your soul.

But, take one day at a time. Try to get a good 30 to 45 mins of exercise in tomorrow, and eat all of your calories in good, nutritious foods. Try again the next day.

You can do it!
  • myfitz4life
    myfitz4life Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hey there. We sound like we're in the same boat. I need that motivation to get going and it would be great to have people there.

I would like to know what type of exercise you do and how often. I get bored with the treadmill and ellipitical.
  • MissAshlie
    Options
    The only thing I do right now is my treadmill at 4.0 mph for 15 minutes twice a day. And I'm going to start doing 100 sit-ups every night. Well.. going to try to work up to doing that.

It's way too hot to do anything outside. Except, I have a pool in my backyard. So maybe I'll stat doing laps once in a while. Like.. every other day.
  • Gabbi
    Gabbi Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Step 1--- positive thinking, good luck. Call if u need a friend
  • MissAshlie
    Options
    Oh yes. Positive thinking. The one thing I need to work on (besdies my weight)! Haha.
    I'm one of the most negative people ever.
    Maybe I should incorporate being positive into my diet/lifestyle change.
    It'll be like putting myself on a NO NEGATIVE THINKING Diet.
    Sounds pretty hard.
    But it's probably easier than losing 30 pounds.
    Haha.
    But I know I can do both.
    Just gotta work for it.
    :tongue:
  • myfitz4life
    myfitz4life Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    The pool sounds like an AWESOME idea. You can do some resistance exercises in the water, too. This will tone you up.

Good luck and let me know if you need help! :flowerforyou: