Chili Recipe From Ken On The Biggest Loser

Options
chickadee2010
chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
Hey, everyone! I was watching today's The Biggest Loser and it said Ken's chili recipe was on the website. I thought I'd post it here if anyone wants to try it. I couldn't find the nutritional information, but on the show he said it was 150 calories per cup. I'll try to find the info, though.

1.25 lbs extra lean ground turkey
1 can black beans (no salt, organic)
1 can white kidney beans (no salt, organic)
2 cups chicken broth (low sodium, organic)
2 cups chopped red onions
2 cans organic, no salt added tomato soup
3 cups chopped bell pepper
2 cups chopped celery
1 can chipotle peppers
1 tsp salt
2 tbs minced garlic
1 tbs black pepper
1 tbs chili powder
2 tbs fajita seasoning

Pour the chicken broth, tomato soup, and both cans of beans into a large soup pot, crock pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Bring to a light simmer. In another pan, saute the red onion, garlic and bell pepper with a light coating of non-fat cooking spray for about 5 minutes, or until they soften. Stir in the celery and chipotle peppers and saute for an additional 2 minutes. Add the sauteed vegetables to the broth and beans mixture. Using the same pan, brown the lean ground turkey, and drain the fat from the pan. Stir the drained meat into the rest of the mixture and add the spices. Simmer the mixture on low heat for a minimum of 90 minutes, covered. Uncover and simmer for an additional 30 minutes, or until chili is thickened as desired.

Replies

• MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Definitely going to try this. When he mentioned chili, I got happy. Lol!
  • jill212
    jill212 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you for posting! And so quickly! :)
  • Mkmassey3
    Mkmassey3 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Oh yum, I have to try this!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    You're very welcome, everyone! I wasn't able to find the nutrition info. :( But it's from The Biggest Loser, so how bad can it be, really? :laugh:
  • gonnabeHOT_Heidi
    gonnabeHOT_Heidi Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    thanks, it looked yummy on the show tonight!!
  • Stormywinter
    Stormywinter Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    When they were serving it I think he said 150cal for 1 cup.
  • elfie9863
    elfie9863 Posts: 337
    Options
    burp...I mean bump!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    When they were serving it I think he said 150cal for 1 cup.
    Yeah, it is. I put it up top. But that was the only nutrition info I could find, and that was from the show, not the website. I was surprised they didn't have the info on their website, actually.
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    bump
  • missybda
    missybda Posts: 15
    Options
    I wonder if we can find out how many people it serves so that we would be within our 150 calorie portion? This sounds amazing I have got to try it!
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    bump
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I wonder if we can find out how many people it serves so that we would be within our 150 calorie portion? This sounds amazing I have got to try it!
    How many people is on the red team? It would help to know that, too. And it looked like the crock pot was pretty much full.
  • TanyaLee122175
    TanyaLee122175 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    bump