I'm new... and having trouble already

Options
Hello everyone! I joined MFP 2 days ago. I am 24 years old and have a 7 month old. I am having trouble keeping my calorie intake down. I went 185 calories over my goal, and haven't worked out once since I joined. For some reason I just don't have any motivation. :sad:

Any advice would be great!

Replies

• myfitz4life
    myfitz4life Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I joined MFP 2 days ago. I am 24 years old and have a 7 month old. I am having trouble keeping my calorie intake down. I went 185 calories over my goal, and haven't worked out once since I joined. For some reason I just don't have any motivation. :sad:

Any advice would be great!
  • pbjsand
    pbjsand Posts: 58
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You had the motivation to join the site, so keep the mojo going by comitting to stay within range of calories and to work out. I know it's hard, but you just have to MAKE yourself do it. I hate working out, but I so love the results of my hard work and the guidance of MFP, that it motivates me more. Once you get going, you'll feel better and it won't be so tough. SO GET OUT THERE.
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    185 calories won't break the bank. Think about how much you were consuming before you started. You're doing great, just keep up the good work. Come back at it tomorrow and stay within your calorie goal. That's all you have to do.
  • michlindsay23
    Options
    I have been on MFP for months and still have trouble keeping my calories down. Just try your best! As far as working out, I have the same issue----NO MOTIVATION. If you can find a workout buddy, that always helps me. Also, when my husband wants to go, but I don't, he looks at me, shakes his head and so I feel like I need to go. Find someone who will keep you accountable. Good luck. :happy:
  • pack533
    pack533 Posts: 224
    Options
    Keep trying to get your calorie intake down. Don't give up yet. You have to change the way that you eat and look at things.

You can do it.:smile:
  • lilprnss
    lilprnss Posts: 52
    Options
    If you are able to track your calories thru-out the day.. that's the best.. then, when u see that you're creeping up to your max.. you might choose dinner.. or snacks a bit different in the evenings..

.... just a thought :)
  • jpramos584
    jpramos584 Posts: 14
    Options
    We have a lot in common. I am 24 years old as well and I have a 3 month old. I know how tough it can be sometimes but being healthy is a lifelong commitment and you can start now!
    What helps me is looking at my daughter and thinking of the way I will appear to her if I stick to the same lifestyle I have now when she's older. She won't be eating properly and will be very sedentary all her life. I want her to play music, play sports, do dance, whatever she wants as long as she is physically, mentally and emotionally able to do it. That gives me the motivation I need to be active and try to choose better food choices for myself thinking that one day she will see her mama healthy and happy!
    Hope that helps! Send me a message. We can be encouragement buddies!
    Jennifer
  • fabulusn40
    fabulusn40 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP I am just on day two myself. Don't beat yourself up just make some progress everyday. So you went over 185 that was then this is now. Each day is a new beginning so don't look back look forward. You have joined a great site with plenty of support and we will be here for you. You can do it!!!! Good luck and good health.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    My whole first week I exceeded my calorie limit. It's okay, I promise. The goal is initially to make yourself more aware of counting calories and what food choices are best. You'll get under that limit quickly, I'm sure. Give yourself time! And welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • smillermom
    smillermom Posts: 38
    Options
    One of the most enjoyable exercise I did was with my young children. I took them for lots of walks in their strollers as well as bicycled with them on the back of my bike, Try to walking, it wil be good for both of you and I always feel never too young to show your children how important even the simplest of exercise can be. I have gained my almost 27 pounds through menopause and fast foods, unfortunately, from going to countless basketball and soccer games. I feel the activity of my sons reflects on their overall bringing up in a house that believed in activity.
  • sferguson
    sferguson Posts: 13
    Options
    I think if you do the calories as you eat them that it helps too. I am at a computer all day so if I eat something I go right on the website and add it in. I gets addictive after a while........although I have yet to lose a pound :cry: