DATE HELP!!!!!!

Options
OMG so. I have a blind date on Saturday, I've talked to the guy, but never met him and I havent been on a date in years ( i know im only 20, but still i havent been on a date in over 2 years) AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!

I'm kind of freaking out. I found a dress to wear but i just dont know what to do! My last date DID NOT END WELL! I need advice!

Replies

• jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    OMG so. I have a blind date on Saturday, I've talked to the guy, but never met him and I havent been on a date in years ( i know im only 20, but still i havent been on a date in over 2 years) AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!

I'm kind of freaking out. I found a dress to wear but i just dont know what to do! My last date DID NOT END WELL! I need advice!
  • lilprnss
    lilprnss Posts: 52
    Options
    Congrats Jill! :flowerforyou: Just be yourself.. if you've talked to him already.. he already likes ur personality.. don't try to be something/someone ur not...

Let us know how it goes!! Wyhen's the date?
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Hoooooooooooooow exciting!!! Errr...shave your legs, pluck your eyebrows, get your toes done and nails! Brush and floss....Ummm... And then use your great smile and have a lovely time! And of course we will all be waiting for details girlie!!! Good luck!

How did you find this feller?
  • jill927
    Options
    He's a friend of a friend of a friend...idk its weird but we ended up talking online. We're planning dinner and a movie for saturday.

But, my last date like this ended up with me at a 4 hour opera of the grapes of wrath with a guy who smelled bad. So, I'm really nervous!
  • maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I have been on more internet dates than I care to count...some better than others. I usually plan an "out' just in case things are going badly...plans later that night...headache...or you can always have a friend call to "check in" just in case you need "saving". On the one hand, it's only dinner and a movie. On the other hand, there's no need to suffer excessively. Just be yourself, and if you do end up bailing early, be polite about it. Good luck!!
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    Well, I kind of figure that everyone out there is a freak...so dig up your inner freak and see how far this freak makes it. LOL

I found shirt for you to wear on your date:
    73403836v2_240x240_Front_Color-BlackWhite.jpg

Now, I'm not picky...but...oh wait I am...Anyhow!!! He should NOT be driving this:
    Ugly_Car_Champion.JPG

Your first eye contact should not involve this:
    scarlett_grope.jpg

Do not proceed with the date if he looks like this:
    michael-jacksons-nose-fell-off.jpg

However, keep him if he looks like this:
    tickle-me-elmo.jpg

But only if he doesn't act like this:
    russian_fight4.jpg

This is a nice addition to the date, not a requirement and not a promise for anything more than dinner and a movie:
    flower_chocolate.jpg

After dinner make sure you do NOT see anything within three feet of you that looks like this:
    1807462270_0e500dc647_m.jpg

And oh, by the way...this is NOT dinner:
    trash_motor.jpg

This is NOT an appropriate "movie" first date:
    netflix-howitworks1.gif

You know the night is over if you see anything at his place that looks like this:
    chalk-body.jpg

Most importantly:
    n2210235193_33547.jpg

Need I say more???
  • natalie1
    natalie1 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hey, Princess, I like your sence of humor :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kittybellenir
    kittybellenir Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Have an "Emergency Caller" if things are going great ignore the call if not Answer and " OH my Gosh, Okay Okay calm down I'm on my way right now. " Turn to the date and say, "I'm so sorry there an emergency and bolt!
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Jill, you're a beautiful girl with a great personality, you don't have anything to worry about, at least on your end.

Just be yourself, and don't set your expectations too high. Go expecting to make a new friend, and if sparks occur all the better.

Good luck to you!!!
  • IndigoElectron
    IndigoElectron Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi Jill, I too have a date this week and am feeling a bit nervous! But I do know what he looks like as I met him on a dating site.

I look forward to hearing how your date goes, and will report back after I've been on mine - and good luck!
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    He's a friend of a friend of a friend...idk its weird but we ended up talking online. We're planning dinner and a movie for saturday.

But, my last date like this ended up with me at a 4 hour opera of the grapes of wrath with a guy who smelled bad. So, I'm really nervous!

Have you ever seen the "real" version of The Grapes of Wrath?" That might have actually been great, the real version...and not from Netflix. LOL

I can't imagine it as an opera with a smelly guy.
  • pecksun8
    pecksun8 Posts: 570
    Options
    Just be yourself, and go out to have a good time, reguardless if this guy turns out to be the one or not, just go out and enjoy yourself.
  • jill927
    Options

Have you ever seen the "real" version of The Grapes of Wrath?" That might have actually been great, the real version...and not from Netflix. LOL

I can't imagine it as an opera with a smelly guy.

Trust me, it was NOT good as an opera. I've read/seen a lot of Steinbeck, and this was AWFUL. It was also the world premier of the opera and it was in Minneapolis. Need I say more? lol.

Indigo~ we will have to dish out details after the dates! I'm so so so nervous.

J~ you're such a sweetheart and manda should be glad she snapped you up while she did! lol

Princess~ Those pictures still have me laughing! I love you all! Wish me luck!
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    Princess~ Those pictures still have me laughing! I love you all! Wish me luck!

OH good...You might just print it out or something and keep it handy. Heck print both of you out a copy...at least that will take the guess work out of the date for him...Oh wait...E-mail him the list!!! YES!!! E-mail it!

Oh crud...now that would just make you the freak.

Never mind...review it once or twice before the date and let us know how it goes. :laugh:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Have Princess call you with comedic relief midway through the date.
    It'll be fine! You are gorgeous dahling!
    Sarge gave some great advice there...if sparks don't fly, then at least you made a friend.
  • jill927
    Options
    I talked to him again today, and seems like such a sweetheart! I am so hoping this works out! Trying so hard NOT to get my hopes up too far...

I'm going shopping tomorrow with my cousin for a great outfit, haha.
  • geisharunner
    Options
    Ok, I've had my fair share of blind and internet dates. What I've learned: If you can't double date, then have a friend call you 30 min into the date that way if you want to bail you can totally fake an emergency. I personally don't like going to movies on first dates, because you can't talk. And I'm a talker. Lol. I usually prefer something else, like mini golf or something silly like that. Lol.

Good luck! Have fun shopping! Keep us posted on how it goes!

.Maria.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I talked to him again today, and seems like such a sweetheart! I am so hoping this works out! Trying so hard NOT to get my hopes up too far...

I'm going shopping tomorrow with my cousin for a great outfit, haha.

My hubby & I met on a blind date. :wink:

Have fun & look smashing! :heart:
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    date??? whats that? :laugh:
  • milomoose
    milomoose Posts: 11
    Options
    Ok, I've had my fair share of blind and internet dates. What I've learned: If you can't double date, then have a friend call you 30 min into the date that way if you want to bail you can totally fake an emergency. I personally don't like going to movies on first dates, because you can't talk. And I'm a talker. Lol. I usually prefer something else, like mini golf or something silly like that. Lol.

Good luck! Have fun shopping! Keep us posted on how it goes!

.Maria.

I agree with the dislike of movies on the first date. It's sort of awkward to be sitting (in the dark) next to someone you barely know, and can't really talk to (as you will disturb others around you). Mini putt is good, so is bowling, or going to an outdoor concert. If you do end up doing the movie, then I suggest going to the movie first, so that during dinner you guys can have something common to talk about.

Remember to pack mints and floss. I seem to have the unfortunate knack of getting an herb stuck between my teeth at the most inappropriate times!

Regardless of what you two end up doing, I'm sure it will turn out to be great. And if no romantic chemisry is there, at least you've made a new friend. Best of luck!