Hello Everyone

Options
I just joined last night after deciding it was time to get serious about weightloss. Which is something I've needed to do for forever.
My Primary source of exercise besides the day to day errands and walking for those.. is the Wii Fit
I'm 5'4 and 1/2 and as of today I'm 189.. I want to end up at 125 .

I'm counting calories and I'm barely over 1200 today and it's already 9pm. YAY.. and that's with my dr pepper and all.
I hear I need to cut carbs mainly.. pasta and potatoes.. the whole house will be in an uproar but I have a nephew that needs to lose some serious weight too

So here's hoping I can. and good Luck to everyone

Replies

• Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this is an awesome place and lots of support. :flowerforyou:
  • JenniferTasso
    JenniferTasso Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You can do this...good luck, and welcome
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this is an awesome place and lots of support. :flowerforyou:
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    welcome--good luck to ya. Carbs are poison to me---but I slip them in small, healthy amounts for the kids--Mine come from veggies.
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It really is a supportive place, and there is some great information to be had here as well. It has really turned my fitness around, and my eating habits are greatly improved. Hopefully it will work out for you as well.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you like, and I'll be happy to offer support and encouragement.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a terrific source of support- You'll do great if you take advantage of it.
  • sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I joined almost 3 weeks ago now. I've lost 13lbs. To everyone that has trouble getting full,my doctor tald be to get benefiber. Drink it before u eat breakfast lunch dinner. It works it fills u up. Do this intil u can take a handle on things.also everyone it tasteless. U can put it in anything. No joke! Let me no how it works for u. I'm trying to get my self on the tredmill. Sad I've had it for years.I no I have to make myself.
  • new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP
    Have fun!
  • Kellyr107
    Kellyr107 Posts: 43
    Options
    Welcome. I am new too! :smile: Best of luck to you!
  • goodturtle
    Options
    Hey! We are about the same...I'm 5'4" and 185! I'm looking to loose about 40 pounds. I'd like to hear about your progress and I know that this will be beneficial to you. This website is amazingly supportive. Nothing has ever worked for me until I found this. Best of luck to ya!