Whey chocolate protein mix

Options
What do you mix this with some say water but it don't mix well. Open to suggestions please

Replies

• thisis4me
    thisis4me Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I like the Blue Diamond Unsweetend Vanilla Almond Milk. Have also used 1% milk as well!!
  • jenX1174
    jenX1174 Posts: 154
    Options
    i use milk for mine -- i've tried water....totally gross!

I also find the blender the easiest and best way to mix the protein powder, and it really does taste better!
  • missyjmet
    missyjmet Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    i like to use milk, a tbsp of peanut butter, 1/2 a banana, and some ice. blend in a blender and you've got a great tasting/healthy shake!

Another one I like is to use the vanilla whey protien, mix with equal parts milk and OJ and some ice and blend. Tastes just like an Orange Julius!
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Definitely use a blender if you are going to make a protein smoothie.

To enhance the flavor and make your smoothie into a meal, use water or skim, unsweetened almond, hemp or soy milk. Add some fresh or frozen fruit - bananas usually go quite well with chocolate (1/2 to one whole should do the trick) as do strawberries (if sugar intake is a concern then I'd stick with the strawberries). You can add a couple tablespoons of cacao nibs and a mix of pumpkin and sunflower seeds for a thicker and more chocolate flavor, or add ground flax or ground chia seeds for omega 3's and 6's and fiber, but keep in mind seeds also add extra (good) fats. And if you really want to go out on a limb, try adding a couple tablespoons of maca root powder, especially good for men.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with vanilla rice milk and sometimes I add flaxseed powder. I'm think of adding a bit of almond butter on gym days.
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    What do you mix this with some say water but it don't mix well. Open to suggestions please

Fat free milk, coffee, iced tea, juice...just blend it in a blender !!! I have vanilla flavor.....
  • dhiggins8
    dhiggins8 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Should I have this first thing in the morning the peanut butter and banana sounds good. I just don't know if I should have it for breakfast lunch or dinner I walk alot at work but also walk my dogs and on the treadmill after work about
    2 to 3 miles @. 4 mph.
  • dhiggins8
    Options
    I mix mine with vanilla rice milk and sometimes I add flaxseed powder. I'm think of adding a bit of almond butter on gym days.

What does flaxseed do for you?
  • dhiggins8
    Options

What does flaxseed do for you?
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Whatever I'm blending it with, I always do it in the blender as it doesn't seem to mix easily. I have added it to my smoothies (spinach, strawberries and sometimes a little milk with the protein powder). If I'm just trying to get some in I usually just do it with milk or coconut milk. I like the unsweetened coconut milk because it's very low carbs and I'm watching those. Plus it doesn't make me phlegmy like milk does. It's also really good with half a banana blended in. It tastes like those banana, chocolate ice cream bars the popsicle man used to sell. :)
  • missyjmet
    missyjmet Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I usually have my protein shake with my breakfast after a hard workout. I would suggest having it after a workout, as your body will recover better with protein. I would NOT use as a meal replacer (unless you pack your smoothie with enough calories/nutrients that you would get with a regular meal.) Just my suggestion. Hope this helps!