Thanksgiving Challenge - Fitness Check in ~November 16

Options
NTBoard
NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
edited November 2023 in Challenges
Six days to go until Thanksgiving! Let's all KICK IT UP A NOTCH in preparation for our big meal. It couldn't hurt to burn some extra calories ahead of time. If you got a few hundred extra each day between now and then, odds are you wouldn't have to stress or worry over what you put on your plate. In real life we just need to think ahead when possible and make it work! You can do it!

So, those encouraging words were as much for me as anyone! I didn't do any intentional exercise yesterday. Uugh. I did get up and do 10 minutes at 90% heart rate on my bike this morning to sort of make up for it. I know it doesn't really work that way but I figured it was better than nothing. The good news was that I FINALLY reached my 10% weight loss! Losing 10% of your weight is supposed to have significant benefits to your health so I'm happy to have gotten to this point. I've now lost 19.5 lbs in 9 weeks which is right on the target where it should be. I'm hoping to just keep it up!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
Have a super, exercise filled weekend! Get out and do something fun!
Niccole

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Six days to go until Thanksgiving! Let's all KICK IT UP A NOTCH in preparation for our big meal. It couldn't hurt to burn some extra calories ahead of time. If you got a few hundred extra each day between now and then, odds are you wouldn't have to stress or worry over what you put on your plate. In real life we just need to think ahead when possible and make it work! You can do it!

So, those encouraging words were as much for me as anyone! I didn't do any intentional exercise yesterday. Uugh. I did get up and do 10 minutes at 90% heart rate on my bike this morning to sort of make up for it. I know it doesn't really work that way but I figured it was better than nothing. The good news was that I FINALLY reached my 10% weight loss! Losing 10% of your weight is supposed to have significant benefits to your health so I'm happy to have gotten to this point. I've now lost 19.5 lbs in 9 weeks which is right on the target where it should be. I'm hoping to just keep it up!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Have a super, exercise filled weekend! Get out and do something fun!
    Niccole
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    WOW! Almost 20 lbs in 9 weeks! :drinker: That's almost too much. You should probably slow down a touch, go to 1.5 lbs / week for the next 10%, then 1 lb per week for the next.

I think it actually does work that way. I work hard one day, then easy the next, hard the next, etc. It gives my body time to recover and progress. Ten minutes is a long time at 90%. I don't know how you do it.

Yesterday was a 40 minute walk and some resistance training. Today is "kick your butt" kickboxing with weights - burning over 700 calories in 1 hour! I see Gelatto in my future...
  • mamatusa
    Options
    Morning!

Today I walked on the treadmill for 15 minutes at 2.5 miles/hour, then did the Elliptical machine for 47 minutes. It was hard getting my old bones out of bed at 3:30am this morning, but I glad I did. I always feel great after working out and it really gets my day started on a good note! :smile:
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! I did a 1 hr spin class this morning and then 20 minutes on the stair climber beast. One of the trainers at the gym showed me an ab exercise that kicked my booty, so I did that too! I hope everyone has a great weekend. I don't know if I'll be doing much planned exercise- maybe yoga on Sunday. I was going to go to a boot camp class tomorrow, but my husband said yes to an invitation to go watch a college football game... so I'm going with him to that. I see beer and bad food in my future! Hopefully I won't over do it.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    tonight is my hour of spinning and thirty minutes of weights.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Today I did weights-back and arms for 45 minutes-treadmill 45 minutes 3.4 on a 12 incline and I rode the bike for 25 minutes on a level 10. I was a great workout.
  • nopogal
    nopogal Posts: 162
    Options
    Last year I was doing a fitness challenge, also, and exercised the day of. It really helped me keep my focus, and cancel out a few of those calories. I still ate more than I normally would, but I limited myself to one plate and split a piece of pie with my mom. This year I'm doing a workout with my trainer and team to help me again. It'll be great motivation to stick with it!

Good luck!