How much did you have to lose before people noticed?

Options
2»

Replies

• amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I think between 15 - 20 pounds. A few people said stuff around 10 pounds but they were people I saw all the time while I was working out. I think working out all the time helps you look better without a huge pound drop. I think the clothes thing makes a big difference too. I was still wearing my size 14's until about a month ago - pants I can now pull off without unbuttoning or unzipping! Baggy clothes make you look bigger but anything too tight certainly isn't flattering either LOL!
  • scoops13
    scoops13 Posts: 31
    Options
    I have lost 13 pounds and people are just starting to notice. A student told me I was "so little" today. Made me feel great even though I have about 20 pounds to go! I have noticed (just this week) a big difference in how my clothes fit. I haven't lost any weight this week but the difference in size has made me happy!
  • RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    Options
    I have lost 20 lbs. and people are just now starting to say somthing. Keep your head up and keep pushing forward... even if it takes you losing 10 more lbs befor people will notice.
  • Brett_Alan
    Options
    My coworkers notice right away but if a week goes by where I don't lose they ask if I'm gaining the weight back lol
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    20 lbs before I heard it often.
  • Bootzey
    Bootzey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost anything (**....grumble...***) and folks are asking me what I am doing. And the creepy and old men are saying hello. So something is happening.
  • maryheightchew
    maryheightchew Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    When people see you often they tend not to notice. Don't let it get you down. Remember you are losing the weight for YOU and your health, not to get noticed. Make sure to tell the ones you love what you are doing and they will notice. keep up the good work.
  • rjcode6
    rjcode6 Posts: 15
    Options
    I think it all has to do with the clothing you are wearing. If you wear a new outfit that is a bit tighter people will notice easily how much weight you've lost. I have the same problem but if I wear a uniform that is not as lose people automatically assume that I have lost weight. Let me know if this helps. Take care...Ryan.
  • rjcode6
    rjcode6 Posts: 15
    Options
    You might be gaining muscles and thus not losing weight. You should check your measurements to see if you've lost inches.
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    not too many people notice and i'm down a little over 30 lbs (which in my case is just a drop in the bucket). the people who seem to notice are the people i don't see very often. i can tell though, so i don't care if others do or not! :)
  • cptino
    cptino Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Remember too, that if people know you are trying to lose weight, some will make a point of saying something as a form of encouragement. But also remember that people who see you more frequently aren't going to notice so much because they are seeing a very gradual change. Don't get upset if nothing is said.... YOU will know you are losing and I bet you are going to be feeling it in your clothes, your energy and your spirit! WTG on the loss thus far!
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    While I notice the difference, I see myself naked and the only other person who gets to do that is my husband. He has obviously noticed (it doesn’t hurt that I constantly run to him and pull my jeans away from my waist to show him that I’m shrinking). But no one else has noticed. I know from experience that I don’t really look different until I’m under 180 pounds. That is still another 20 pounds or so away, so I’m not surprised no one has had anything to say.
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Once I was past the 4-5 kilo loss, all of a sudden lots of people noticed - especially people I hadn't seen in a bit.
    It's such a great boost, all those compliments. I'm a little stuck at the moment, but definitely want more compliments, so I'll keep going! :laugh:

Husbands finds it hard to notice (even though my trousers are hanging off me at the moment), guess he sees me every day, so harder to see the change.
  • greatescape
    greatescape Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    For me, the only people that have commented on my weight loss have been the people who know I'm trying to lose weight. However, I have done this whole weight loss thing before and I definitely had a conversation with an old friend who told me that he never commented on it because he didn't know if it was appropriate. I think that some people are just nervous as to how you'll react if they say you look like you lost weight (i.e. well maybe he/she will think that I thought she was FAT before)... you shouldn't let people not commenting get to you. If you FEEL different, that's the most important thing IMO. Being healthy feels incredible! Congrats on your weight loss, 14 lb is an accomplishment!