Belly Dancing

Options
Recently I have been really into belly dancing, anyone else enjoy it to?

Replies

• ileana84
    ileana84 Posts: 163
    Options
    Meeeeee too!!! I love it!!! Its not as easy as people think!! :)
  • Kelsey214
    Kelsey214 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I know its way harder than I thought It would be, stupid backward camels are so hard and they are like a basic move lol
  • solopormi
    Options
    i think thats awesome. where i live they dont have classes of belly dancing near. :( . But im happy for you lots of people say thats one exercise routine that really works.keep the good work
  • fairyjester
    Options
    I belly dance love it. and yes it it harder that i fist thought. heh the classes i am taking now are harder then the first time a couple years ago. Difference in teachers the other was over 60 and did just clasic bellydance, my new teacher at the studio i found is like 20-30 and tribal fusion. Trust me she kicks this 42 yearolds *kitten* lol. and way actaully have class tonight so i better go get ready.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I belly danced for years, at the time was the skinniest belly dancer out there - not much belly to dance with. But really enjoyed it and had a ton of fun in the costumes and attention. Men loved it and women all were just impressed. We danced with snakes and knives, candles, and lots of cymbal work. I still can hold the basket on my head, but not move as fast.

It's super exercise, have you gotten into scarf work, great for your upper arms, those flabby arms people talk about having will be gone in no time.
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I've been belly dancing for nearly a year now. Just got some DVDS and learned from them. Unfortunately, I don't have anyone local that could teach. It is so much fun, builds your self confidence and is great for loosening the body up. When I first started I thought I was never going to get it. I'm FAR from being really good at it but it's fun and it drives your man wild.
  • Kelsey214
    Kelsey214 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I belly danced for years, at the time was the skinniest belly dancer out there - not much belly to dance with. But really enjoyed it and had a ton of fun in the costumes and attention. Men loved it and women all were just impressed. We danced with snakes and knives, candles, and lots of cymbal work. I still can hold the basket on my head, but not move as fast.

It's super exercise, have you gotten into scarf work, great for your upper arms, those flabby arms people talk about having will be gone in no time.

Thats really cool, I dont think I could ever dance with a knife, I'm a little defective lol
  • kmparks24
    kmparks24 Posts: 198
    Options
    LOVE it! I used to belly dance and was on a performance troupe. I still have all of my costumes which don't fit me anymore :( Bittersweet, I guess! If anyone is looking for hipscarves, I have quite a few! Harem pants, skirty, etc.

Super fun!
  • jessicamichalski
    Options
    I would like to find a belly dancing class in my area...we do a tiny bit in zumba and I love moving my hips :):) !! Is it a great workout??
  • marnijojo
    marnijojo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I just started taking a belly dance class - in fact my second class is tonight. I think it will be fun, but my 'snake arms' look more like the legs of one of those walking stick insects. Need to work on that.
  • fairyjester
    Options

the arms are my hardest part. i have really weak arms