Running on grass??

Options
Ok I'm currently training myself to run a 4k. Now on Wednesdays when I am kidless ( oh ya!! :bigsmile: ) I run around my local footy oval.

Now I've been running around on the grass part now is that harder to run on?? Should I be running on the footpath would that be a bit easier??

Replies

• aggi3guy
    aggi3guy Posts: 5
    Options
    Wow, this is not at all what I thought it was going to be.... :P
  • kerryannk
    kerryannk Posts: 148
    Options

teeheehee :P
  • Aylilth
    Aylilth Posts: 125
    Options

:smokin: lol
  • kerryannk
    kerryannk Posts: 148
    Options
    im not a runner tho, so i dont know about your situation. but in my opinion, i feel like running on the grass would easier on your joints than concrete.
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I prefer to run on the grass, it is a little lower impact. I am not training for anything though. I just run b/c I want to and enjoy it.

And, this topic is exactly what I thought it would be...
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Hey you ;)

running on grass is better for your joints as you dont get as much impact when your foot hits the ground. That makes most people find it more challenging than running on a footpath, where you get to "spring" off the surface for your next step.

Your joints will probably notice the difference in the footpath, but you will probably find it easier.

A great balance is to run regularly on both surfaces.
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    i'd agree, it'll be less strain on your joints, but when you do your marathon, you'll probably go a bit faster because of the surface, but you may be a bit sorer after. but running on "grass" you'll probably get side tracked and stop off at maccas for a quick big mac on the way...
  • Aylilth
    Aylilth Posts: 125
    Options
    Thnx all

Next week I'll try running on the footpath