Another newbie!!!

Options
I have been married for 12 years. I have three active children-13, 10, 5. After each child, I kept baby weight. All this has compounded and grew!!! My heaviest was 207 with my last child. I am hovering around 195 and I HATE IT!! It is time for me to do this for me instead of waiting around for someone to tell me I need to do it. I suffer from high blood pressure and bad knees. I know that lowering my weight will greatly help both so here I am!!!!! LET'S DO THIS!!!

I can use all the support I can get!

Replies

• jon_dub
    jon_dub Posts: 166
    Options
    good luck!!!
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can do this. Just keep your head in the game, so to speak. Lean on friends when you feel yourself slipping.
    There are going to be ups and downs, but just keep pushing through it. :)

Good luck!! :)
  • B2BB
    B2BB Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    U sound like Mr and if I can do it you can too, add me on fb, I have a a big group of friends that support and motivate each other. U can do it alone but with support its a much nicer journey, trust me I know. BTW nice to meet u:-) http://www.facebook.com/Burns2bBeautiful?m2w
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Hi Angie :flowerforyou:

I just started yesterday and have found alot of support already, You can do this. Keep checking in and sharing your journey, add some people (like me!) as friends and we will all reach our goals together!

I have 2 kids, older than yours but they keep me on my toes to be sure! I also have bad knees, more from lack of use!! LOL and arthritis - gentics i guess cause i'm not that old!

Anyway, welcome and best wishes on your weight loss adventure!
    Best,
    julia
    :heart:
  • OBXGal
    OBXGal Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I started yesterday too and I swear I'm addicted to this site! Everyone is super supportive and the site is fun to use.

Good luck!
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Welcome To MFP! Yes, you can do this.
  • mamacath
    mamacath Posts: 51
    Options
    hey girl ,, glad you joined .. hope you get as much out of this site as I do ... I am here for ya ... IF You want we can get together once a week and do the zumba wii and OR the elliptical .. we can do this ..I know You can