calorie calculator/HRM for exercises

Options
tramar
tramar Posts: 12 Member
Hello! I am looking for an accurate tool to use to calculate how many calories I am burning during my work outs based on age and weight. I do not have a HRM yet. I am still researching them but am leaning toward the Garmin Forerunner 305 because I want to track how many miles I am walking on the trails as well as be able to track my workouts. I know that the Forerunner does not use the heart rate to give calories burned, but it seems like all the other HRM are hit or miss too with accuracy. I would love to spend the money on the BodyMedia Fit, but alas the budget does not allow it at this time. Things are really starting to click with me and I don't want to make a bad choice or lose momentum. Does anyone have any advice on a good HRM that is accurate and can track distances without having to purchase another adaptor, etc. or a website that helps with determining calories burned that is accurate? Thanks~

Replies

• tinboy
    tinboy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I just got the Garmin Forerunner 405cx, it does: "Forerunner 405CX comes with a flexible, wireless heart rate monitor to help you make the most of your training. The digital heart rate monitor continuously tracks heart beats per minute and uses your heart rate for advanced calorie computation, so you know how many calories you're burning. Train in a certain heart rate zone to improve your fitness level or compare your pace and heart rate to past performance on the same run." Taken from it's description on Garmin's webpage. I haven't gotten it all set up or figured out how to use all the functions yet, but it seems pretty complete. It was recommended by another person on this site, that does distance running and calculates her calories, speed and distances.