Good Fats/Bad Fats.

The ONLY problem that I have with this site... Is that they lump the good fats and bad fats all together.
IE, one serving of Olive oil is a good fat. But you would not know that to look at the food chart.
Nuts are also good fats, again with the same problem.
A no-fat diet is not good for the human body, you need good fats to be able to function properly, ward off diseases like cancer, and aid in food digestion.
If there was one thing that I would change about this site, this would be it.
:flowerforyou:
--Diann...

Replies

• diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    The ONLY problem that I have with this site... Is that they lump the good fats and bad fats all together.
    IE, one serving of Olive oil is a good fat. But you would not know that to look at the food chart.
    Nuts are also good fats, again with the same problem.
    A no-fat diet is not good for the human body, you need good fats to be able to function properly, ward off diseases like cancer, and aid in food digestion.
    If there was one thing that I would change about this site, this would be it.
    :flowerforyou:
    --Diann...
  • You are very correct about that. I guess that to lose weight, we need to restrict our fats even if they are the "good" ones. So I guess our goal could be that when we do eat fats, be sure to eat only the good ones and not the trans fats, etc. If we are eating only the good fats, we don't need them to be broken down as we will know they are all good...a little idealistic but it will improve our overall health, too.:smile:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    You can make one of your nutrients saturated fat and another one total fat. Then you can keep track. Under the food tab, go to settings and choose what you would like to keep track of. I only keep track of my saturated fat. :smile:
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Thats a good idea Mary. I'm going to start doing that...
    But we can not ristrict our good fats. They are what keeps our muscles primed for working out.
    If you try a ALL NO FAT DIET! You are going to feel really icky.
    You will have mucle pain and it will be harder to recover from stress. I will not even go into the wrinkle aspect of not having good fats in the diet. :noway:
    --Diann...
  • we do need fat, but not keeping track of how much we intake will make up loose weight. i'm on a low-fat diet becuase i don't have a gaul-bladder, and my docter doesn't care if it's good fat or bad fat, they are both bad for me if i have to much. the only good fats i don't count are peanuts/peanut butter and avacados