New Gym Go'er Girl Here.

Options
Hi Everyone,

I'm a 19 year old female and i'm new here, i've just joined up at my local gym in order to get fit and loose weight. I really hope this calorie counter works, still trying to get my head around adding the foods.

Has anyone made any progress using myfitnesspal?? if so what exercise have you done aswell??

Hope everyone is well.

Thanks,
Kind Regards,

fit_becka

Replies

• warriorsal
    warriorsal Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

This site works great and counting calories can't get any easier that this. You'll get use to it very quickly. I like to run on an elliptical trainer more than anything because it is better for my joints, but there are other things aswell. Good luck meeting your goals!
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I love taking classes at the gym. It's like getting a work-out with a personal trainer without paying the extra fees! I've been a member of MFP since January and I've lost 21 pounds! It definitely works if you put your mind to it!
  • ashleighk2010
    Options
    Absolutely! I've lost around 10lbs in two months just using MFP to count calories and doing about 20 minutes of cardio 5x a week.

Then I took a break for a few months starting a new job and didn't gain any weight back due to just being aware of what I ate, even though I was not tracking.

Now I've lost another 10lbs or so in another month of counting calories on here AND working out 5 days a week (going to the gym for about an hour a day, 4 days a week with 1 day a week of strength training + cardio mix at home).

So I would say for me this site has been half of my savior, the other half being the gym. =] Well on my way to my goal of losing 10 in March!

Also, my favorite machine is the treadclimber. <3 I always hope it's available because there are only 2 at my gym!! It gives you a GREAT workout without ever making you huff and puff!
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I've lost six pounds so far, down to a weight I haven't seen in seven years. For me, it was just a matter of learning how much I was eating.

As for exercise, I run three times a week, and take two krav maga classes. I also did a course of Argentine Tango lessons, and I'm thinking of doing ice-skating next.

I find that, for me, it helps to have some other goal, other than calorie burning, while exercising. I try to learn new skills, and that keeps me motivated.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    MFP works great! and i enjoy doing the classes my local gym has, as well as doin the eliptical.
  • fit_becka
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your replies.

I'm currently going gym 4 times a week for an hour really but for the last 2 days its been 2 and half hours. so i'll just see what works.

I've just started a class called body balance which includes a mixture of yoga, pilates and tai chi and i love it.

I'm starting up street dance again on thursday after about 3 years not doing it.

I love going ice-skating when i can get someone to go with me, and i used to do horse-riding twice a week but then my dad stopped paying for it after i missed 2 days due to being ill. I would love to take it back up but find its quite expensive so will probably just do it every now an then.