Good morning

sweettooth247
sweettooth247 Posts: 2
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I've just discovered that my two morning mugs of coffee take up half the calories I'm allowed in a day. This is not going to be pleasant. Anyone with diet tips, exercise tips, how to add an extra hour into my evening so I can exercise tips; please feel free to contact me. I am going to need all of the help I can get. I will keep my eye on this site, I guess, since I'm not supposed to post my email address. Can anyone help with this issue too?

PS> I am LOVING some of these emoticons to the left. I could use most of them in just everyday conversation. Especially the blue head that's muttering. Snicker.:grumble:

Replies

• I've just discovered that my two morning mugs of coffee take up half the calories I'm allowed in a day. This is not going to be pleasant. Anyone with diet tips, exercise tips, how to add an extra hour into my evening so I can exercise tips; please feel free to contact me. I am going to need all of the help I can get. I will keep my eye on this site, I guess, since I'm not supposed to post my email address. Can anyone help with this issue too?

PS> I am LOVING some of these emoticons to the left. I could use most of them in just everyday conversation. Especially the blue head that's muttering. Snicker.:grumble:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    That is exactly why I gave up coffee. It wasn't that hard for me to do it. (I guess since I had cut out sodas a long time ago). Now I just drink a cup every blue moon. :drinker:
    Welcome to MFP, you will love it here!
  • laylae0714
    laylae0714 Posts: 11
    So, this may sound pretty lame, but I work at Starbucks. I constantly check out our nutrition stuff, and I have figured out some pretty good combinations. I can say, however, that I am trying to rid myself of caffeine and the acidity of coffee. If you're addicted to it... it needs to go. And that sucks, but it's the truth. The easiest thing I would say to do is to start mixing in some decaf. Don't cut back on the portion just yet. Then I after I was accustomed to the half caf, I would narrow it down to the portion that fits the amount of regular I was mixing. Does that make sense? I hope so.

No one wants to cut out their daily cup o joe, but it sounds like you put a lot of modifiers in it. Let me know, and I can try and help!

- Layla
  • Tizz
    Tizz Posts: 38
    its tough when you realize your favorite treats are not so great . MY friend drank a bubble tea every day and without realizing it started to put on weight! Switch the coffee for lots and lots of water and maybe an apple for energy (lots of sugar) thats what i do !!!
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    That's what this site is all about! It's the discovery of how poorly we eat on a daily basis, and that helps us to change and make good food choices! Try drinking coffee with 2% milk and Splenda. Also, you may want to post what you're planning to eat before you eat it! That way, you are able to see it's value before it goes in your mouth!:noway: If you are new to exercise, I'd start out walking 20 minutes a day and work up from there. It takes time to build good eating habits and the stamina to exercise. Good luck in reaching your goal!:wink:
This discussion has been closed.