Exercising like mad

sparkle100
sparkle100 Posts: 2
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
I am just looking for some advice. I do spinning 4 times a week & bootcamp on a Friday but i am only managing to loose 4 pounds a week. I am also carful in regards to what i eat & stay below 1,200 calories a day.

Can someone advise me why I am loosing so little wight?
:explode:

Replies

• Are you serious? 4lbs a week is incredible (and almost too high, generally a sustainable weight loss would be 1-2lb a week). And you are doing all this intense exercise yet only eating <1200/day?? That's unlikely to be enough and your body is reacting negatively by holding onto any fat it can (starvation mode).
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    I am just looking for some advice. I do spinning 4 times a week & bootcamp on a Friday but i am only managing to loose 4 pounds a week. I am also carful in regards to what i eat & stay below 1,200 calories a day.

Can someone advise me why I am loosing so little wight?
    :explode:

-4lbs a week is not safe or sensible, and when you go back to eating normaly , you may well put it all back on! its not about a "DIET" its about a healthy life style....
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    I agree, 4 lbs a week is a dangerous weight loss... Your body is not losing the fat but losing muscle - vital muscle that protects your organs and such. Starvation mode for sure....Not good... Add some calories ......
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    What do you mean ONLY 4 pounds a week? I would jump for joy if I lost that every week! A lot of peeps will tell you that is too much but it really depends on how much you weigh? The more you have to lose if you are obese, you will lose the weight faster initially, but eventually it will slow down! Hmmmm..... I would honestly be quite happy with that.
This discussion has been closed.