Focusing on NSV's

Options
Well, the scale is not going down, so in an attempt to quell the negative thoughts running through my brain, I am trying to focus on my NSV's. I am counting my blessings, so to speak.
1.) I am getting stronger. I did levels 1 and 2 of the 30 day shred yesterday. Not only did I survive, but I also noticed that the push-ups in level 1 were much easier. I'm going to have to start doing full push-ups, rather than the cheater ones on my knees.
2.) My endurance is increasing. I went for a long walk last week and decided to tackle a large, steep hill. I think the last time I walked this hill, I had to stop and catch my breath twice. This time, I sailed right up it and barely even slowed my pace!
3.) My mood is better and I am enjoying my children more. I am much less overwhelmed in the evenings.
4.) I feel healthy. An illness went through our house a few weeks ago and my oldest and I were the only ones out of five people that did not catch the virus.
5.) I don't feel deprived. In fact, most days I have a bit of a struggle eating all of my calories.

Okay, I feel a little better now!

Replies

• Bubs05
    Bubs05 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Way to go! That is a great attitude to have, and I'm sure the scale will start showing it soon as well.
    I thought for a month my scale wasn't working and it was hard to stay on track when I saw no "results". Last week the scale finally started working again...yay!
  • AbbyCar
    AbbyCar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    It is hard when that scale doesn't move. Especially when you feel like you are doing things right! I just have to summon my inner Pollyanna to get me through!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    That's all really great. I totally get how you feel about the scale. When I first started, I was weighing myself every few days and getting discouraged. My husband ended up stealing the scale batteries and said I can have them back once a month. He told me that I should focus on getting stronger and healthier, not what a stupid scale says.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    WTG! Those are all great things!
  • Bubs05
    Bubs05 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    ...My husband ended up stealing the scale batteries and said I can have them back once a month...

Now, THAT is funny!