Pasta for breakfast...

Kimeley
Kimeley Posts: 8
edited September 24 in Health and Weight Loss
What are your thoughts? Is it a smart choice or not?
I get on my elliptical quite a few times so I'm pretty sure I'll work it off mostly.
I also eat it plain, no sauce.

Replies

• JenniferTasso
    JenniferTasso Posts: 77 Member
    personally...I could not eat pasta for breakfast...I think it's too much...I go with a yogurt, and a fiber bar.
  • amehrkens
    amehrkens Posts: 162 Member
    I don't think I could eat it for breakfast either. I think something with some protein would be better.
  • Bootzey
    Bootzey Posts: 274 Member
    I HATE BREAKFAST FOODS!!!!!!

I have been eating pasta for breakfast regularly since high school. Just add up your calories
  • jipper44
    jipper44 Posts: 111
    Oh man...it's 9:10 am and you're making me hungry! MMMMMMMM....pasta :)
  • deannarey13
    deannarey13 Posts: 452
    I think that if you are working out throughout the day that is actually a fairly smart choice. I would opt for a whole grain variety.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    what kind and how much? if it has a lot of protein good but if it doesnt its not cool for bf...
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Whatever works for you. :smile: People wouldn't blink an eye if you worked nights and breakfast was in fact your dinner. Right?

I agree with the PP and stick with a whole grain variety of pasta.

See what happens.
  • solrak1969
    solrak1969 Posts: 92 Member
    Just had whole grain penne, tomato, onion, garlic, basil, and olive oil for breakfast. "Breakfast food" is b.s. Eat what you want when you want.
  • Kimeley
    Kimeley Posts: 8
    Thanks for the input! It helped with my decision!
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    I think the only issue might be that plain pasta might have a tendency to not keep you feeling full as long as other sources of breakfast fuel. There is no hard and fast rule about what kinds of food people should eat at breakfast, and what we consider breakfast food in the US is completely foreign to most people around the world. So if I were eating pasta for breakfast, I’d just make sure I was also eating something with a bit of fiber in it to keep me feeling full and have a better energy reserves. But pasta is certainly no worse than white toast, muffins, or any of the numerous carb-rich foods we traditionally eat here at breakfast.
  • Tarah1357
    Tarah1357 Posts: 139 Member
    Hmm...I don't know if I personally would choose pasta for bfast because I just LOVE breakfast type foods...but I don't think there is anything wrong with it. Whole grain would definitely be the better choice. I like the Smart Taste pasta by Ronzoni. It's whole grain white pasta. It's delicious and very filling. (in my opinion anyway) :)

Enjoy!
This discussion has been closed.