S.B.F Challenge...July 8

Options
mechanicmom
mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
Alright ladies. I'm pretty irritated with myself. I don't know what's happened to my motivation or self control. Maybe my priorities have shifted? Anyway, I have really slacked off the last couple of days. It's that time of the month, so I don't know how I will do today! I have to do some straightening up in the house first. If it turns into a cleaning frenzy then I will count that as my exercise. If it doesn't, then I am going to make myself do Taebo. Maybe I will do both if I have time.
Any body have any ideas about jump starting weight loss just to help me get motivated again? I'm not talking long term. Just a couple of days or so. I am thinking about putting myself on a healthy "strict" diet of nothing but fruit, veggies and meats for a week. No bread or pasta. I won't be able to start the diet until Friday because that when I go shopping. So if you have any ideas I will listen!
I hope you have a great exercise day!
Goals:clean/Taebo
drink my water
log my calories

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Alright ladies. I'm pretty irritated with myself. I don't know what's happened to my motivation or self control. Maybe my priorities have shifted? Anyway, I have really slacked off the last couple of days. It's that time of the month, so I don't know how I will do today! I have to do some straightening up in the house first. If it turns into a cleaning frenzy then I will count that as my exercise. If it doesn't, then I am going to make myself do Taebo. Maybe I will do both if I have time.
    Any body have any ideas about jump starting weight loss just to help me get motivated again? I'm not talking long term. Just a couple of days or so. I am thinking about putting myself on a healthy "strict" diet of nothing but fruit, veggies and meats for a week. No bread or pasta. I won't be able to start the diet until Friday because that when I go shopping. So if you have any ideas I will listen!
    drink my water
    log my calories
  • sydenham24
    sydenham24 Posts: 33
    Options
    Hi - I wouldn't go that route, a restricted diet - esp. at that time of the month.
    but I am having the same issue and I notice that on the days when i do everything right and the numbers still say I am over, white bread seems to be in there.
    So I am going to take a break from white bread and see if that helps.

If you do much more restricting, i think you'll get cravings...

drink my water
    log my calories
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    So, yesterday was day one of my "eat first. . .ask questions later" experiment. I just. . .ate when I was hungry, and tried to be very conscious of when I was full. I did not make "good" food choices. (my lunch included a beignet for dessert). At the end of the day, after working out, I logged everything I'd eaten (I'd just written it down) and I was at a 500 calorie deficit from maintenance, which is where I should be to lose weight. (I did songbyrd's formula with body fat weight and how large a deficit that can actually support. . .and came up with nearly 1000 calories that I could apparently safely deficit) I'm going to continue the experiment. The exciting part for me was that I actually enjoyed a lunch out, rather than worried I was deviating from "the plan". I decided to do this after I actually considered canceling a social obligation where I wasn't sure what the food options would be. (not. good.)

So, today, I'm continuing the experiment. (it's way harder than it sounds, seriously)
    Water, vits and bikram tonight.

Happy goal-meeting to all!:flowerforyou:
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    Viviakay... I'm glad you enjoyed a lunch out without stressing about what you were eating. Good luck as you continue your experiment!

Yesterday, I managed to ride my stationary bike for 30 minutes.... I thought those 30 minutes would never end! I was feeling a bit sluggish... skipped my evening walk. I usually drink SO MUCH water everyday... I don't think I got enough water yesterday.

I got the Biggest Loser Cookbook over the weekend. I made the BBQ Turkey Breast Roast for dinner. It was yummy. Alongside, I had zuchini, asparagus, and corn.

Goals today....

--drink plenty of water!!!!!!!!!!
    --power sculpt dvd
    --walk in the evening

Good luck everyone! :smile:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    MM - make sure whatever you do, you are able to do it for the whole time (3 days/ a week, etc) without going crazy at the end of that time. Be careful with the crash diet mentality. I don't think we hurt ourselves physically when we have a strange diet for a week, but the thought that this is the only way we can lose weight can really mess us up. I'm not trying to be a nag, I just care about you:flowerforyou:

V- I think next week I'll try your plan, if this not recording at all doesn't work.

Yesterday I had to force myself a little to go to weights. It's at a horrible time (7:30). I managed. Went to yoga and had a great class since the AC was able to keep up (we had water fall from the sky again, thus lowering the temperature and thus the AC was able to keep the room comfortable). She pushed us hard and promised arm balances for Wednesday - yeah!

Today is elliptical and some hot/humid yoga. Sister wanted to try bikram, so I printed out the sequence and we are going to do it outside. We are also having a macrobiotic diet today (ahem, as I drink my latte). She likes the idea of detox, even though she's a med student and knows better:laugh:
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies... I haven't posted since Thursday. I hope everyone had a Great 4th.

I didn't workout on Friday on the road to Dallas.
    Saturday a lot of walking in the malls shopping.:smile:
    Sunday a whole bunch of walking at Six Flags over Texas :smile:
    Monday didn't workout on the road home.

I'm home now so I was at the gym early this morning 50 min treadmill and 20 weights.
    My goals for is to workout at the gym every morning this week while I'm off work for vacation.:smile:

Have a Great Workout Day.:smile::flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker:

Pam