Tears of Joy/30 Day Shred & MFP

Options
loseit4ever
loseit4ever Posts: 187 Member
I am not one to cry very often, but I have to tell you, as I type this, the tears are rolling. I am so overwhelmed by the events of the last couple of days, I don't know where to begin. The best place is probably to send out a HUGE thank you to everyone here who supports me every day...I honestly do not think I could do this without you guys! I am proud to call of you my friends...you are inspirational !

Anyway, the other reason I am here. I started the 30 Day Shred on Feb 8th with the intention of doing it for 30 straight days. In the back of my mind, I kept thinking I'd never make it, but I kept at it every single day...even the days after I had had a bit too much wine, or just didn't feel up to it. I pushed myself...I knew what a victory it would be for me if I could do it. Well, I entered yesterday with 2 days left and more detemination than ever. I got right into it, did the warmup, and had just started mountain climbers when I heard a loud tearing sound come from my calf...ouch! I was so upset that I wouldn't be able to finish that I almost tried to keep going. I went to the doctor(largely because my husband pressured me...lol) and found out I have a partial muscle tear in my right calf. Ahhh, the end of the Shred for me for a while. I will be riding my stationary bike and doing some upper body cardio for a while to keep up the workouts.

Well, today I posted pics on my profile of my progress over 24 days. I actually did 28, but I didn't take pics until the 4th day in. I am overwhelmed by the response I got from my wonderful group of friends. And you know what? So, I missed it by 2 days; so what? I still did it for 28 straight with no breaks. I never did any type of exercise with that dedication...that's huge for me! I think it's about time I give myself some credit for a change! I even came home last night and rode my bike 8 miles to make up for missing it, so I'm at least still keeping my consecutive days exercised going.

Again, to all my friends, and especially my wonderful husband, thank you for making me realize that what I have done is great, even minus the two days! If anyone is interested in my results from the Shred, feel free to go to my profile. Blue shorts/top are day 4, blue shorts/white top are yesteday. Oh, and when I get healed, I will be back to do all 30 days of the Shred! How about that!

Replies

• slimrb2011
    slimrb2011 Posts: 122
    Options
    Congratulations!! That is awesome. You are very inspiring and I know you will meet your goals because of your determination!!
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    that's amazing!! you should definitely be proud of yourself!!
  • LoganScottsMom
    LoganScottsMom Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on making it to day 28th. That is a HUGE success!
  • xnattiex
    xnattiex Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Fantastic news (not about the calf, hope that heals soon!) Really happy for you. Congratulations :)
  • h64em
    h64em Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Well done! Your photos are great, you can really see the difference. So sorry about your leg but it doesnt sound like it has put you off! I have the 30 Shred DVD but am a bit afraid to start it, it sounds difficult!!
  • megpiemac12
    Options
    great job and great inspiration! i'm looking to start those videos myself and your story is giving me motivation!
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Great determination. I started up to do 30 day challenge with 1 day off aloud. My darn elbow got thrown out so I had to revert to my bike too. Its feeling better so I can get back to it but I've been really feeling off my game and lacking the motivation. This gives me some inspiration to get back on track with exercising.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! That is awesome. I hope you muscle heals up soon, so you can get back at it.
  • crazblueyes
    Options
    i'm sorry to hear about your injury, but inspired by your determination to not give up! Thank you for that! And you're doing AWESOME!!!!
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    i dont know how so many people getting hurt doing shred....:frown:
    well im glad ur going to do it again...becareful next time..im gonna check u out now
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • sparrow747
    Options
    congrats! hope you heal up soon... you just motivated me to go ahead and buy 30 day shred, guess ill start on friday when it gets here!
  • pouringraina
    pouringraina Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Your before and after pictures are amazing! I am on day 2 of the shred today,and I hope that I can have great results as well!

Good job!
  • jude666
    jude666 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    OUCH!!!! Sounds soooooo painful. I am so sorry you weren't able to finish it but 28 days straight is a MASSIVE achievement. I was determined to do it every day but I have failed with that, i'm still doing it but not as often as i originally wanted to. I'm soon to change that though as I would like to try doing it for 30 days again. I'm on L2 at the moment, still enjoying it but need more of a routine.

WELL DONE and hope you recover soon x
  • paigemang♥
    Options
    I am so impressed with what you've accomplished!!! That is so awesome! You are a huge inspiration to me. I have been getting so discourage, but now reading this and seeing your pics has made me stay motivated!!! Much appreciated and stay positive. You will heal quickly and return to your schedule :flowerforyou:
  • TabbyJustice
    TabbyJustice Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful. I love seeing posts like this, and you should be so proud of yourself! That is great dedication to yourself and your body. :)
  • jwharrison43
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the injury :0( but Wow what an inspiration you are. You are very dedicated \0/ Watch your injury and keep up the good work...
  • loseit4ever
    loseit4ever Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone...for the encouragement and the friend adds. Never thought I'd be an inspiration to anyone else, and that means a lot! For those of you starting the Shred...just do what you can. I couldn't always do Natalie's moves, but you get stronger fast. After my leg heals, I am going to attempt Jillian's new dvd...Ripped in 30! Can't wait for the next big challenge!
  • AbiNichole
    AbiNichole Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Great job sticking with the shred! Sounds like you overcame a mental road block and now you can do anything you put your mind to!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Tupelo64
    Tupelo64 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the inspiring story.. I bought the shred last weekend and I have watched the shred.. just not sure why I cannot put it in the dvd player and DO the shred.. Thank you for the inspiration.. Thank you.. It means a lot to read posts like yours! I am sorry for your calf and hope that heals quickly.. and I CELEBRATE WITH YOU YOUR SUCESS AND DETERMINATION!

WAY TO GO.. !!
  • suzieqdiva
    suzieqdiva Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You know how inspiring you are.. YOU ARE AMAZING! Your commitment, the after the tear.. you still coming back & bicycling another 8 miles!!!! I would have just called it a wash. But NOT YOU! You look amazing in the pics & the difference is huge! Please though do take care of your hip & get it the rest, care it needs. I want to see you here as long as it takes to be where you want to be.

CONGRATS & hugs:-):flowerforyou:

Suzie
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!