No longer obese, just overweight now

A_New_Horizon
A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
edited September 24 in Success Stories
Today was my weigh day, and I am down another 3.4 lbs which brings my total to 28 lbs gone and never coming back. With the extra 3.4 lbs lost, I am no longer obese but just overweight according to my BMI. It feels great!!!! I have been in the obese category for so long that being "just overweight" feels amazing. I just had to share my success story today.

Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Good for you!:flowerforyou:
  • EmelyJ
    EmelyJ Posts: 208
    That's awesome, I was amazed and felt good as well when I went from obese to over weight. Now i'm just 3lbs away from normal weight, can't wait...
  • A_New_Horizon
    That's awesome, I was amazed and felt good as well when I went from obese to over weight. Now i'm just 3lbs away from normal weight, can't wait...

That is great!! I can't wait to be there, and I will be hopefully in a few more months. I am over halfway to my goal weight now (which is in my normal range for my height)
  • RichB77
    RichB77 Posts: 88
    Congratulations!

Keep up your brilliant journey! :happy:
  • kkress8
    kkress8 Posts: 1
    Way to go, you're doing great! Keep up the good work!
  • Excellent job !!!
  • xnattiex
    xnattiex Posts: 143 Member
    Thats great!! I worked out today that i have to lose another 41lbs before i can be classed as overweight :( Congratulations to you!
  • stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    You go girl!
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    THAT...is a HUGE success!! I am really happy for you! Are you going to celebrate with something?
  • A_New_Horizon
    THAT...is a HUGE success!! I am really happy for you! Are you going to celebrate with something?

I don't know yet. I thought about treating myself to subway for lunch instead of what I packed for lunch. I think I do owe myself something for all the hard work. Thanks for the idea.
  • labgirl3
    labgirl3 Posts: 171 Member
    Major success!! I'm looking forward to that in the next week or so - just have .5 BMI to go!
  • allison7922
    allison7922 Posts: 276 Member
    yay!
  • A_New_Horizon
    Major success!! I'm looking forward to that in the next week or so - just have .5 BMI to go!

That is great!! You will be there in no time!!
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Congratulations, that's awesome! I'm only 8 pounds away from that goal myself and am really looking forward to it. You definitely deserve a reward for your perseverance. :)
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Way to go!

I have a bit farther than you to go (just a bit, heh), but I was similarly excited when I moved from Morbidly Obese to merely Obese on Monday. Go us!
  • forever28
    forever28 Posts: 374 Member
    Congrats! I cannot wait to be "overweight". :laugh: Good job though, seriously! :flowerforyou:
  • A_New_Horizon
    Way to go!

I have a bit farther than you to go (just a bit, heh), but I was similarly excited when I moved from Morbidly Obese to merely Obese on Monday. Go us!

Great job. You will get there. Just keep taking it one day at a time.
  • So glad for you! I'm about 12lbs away from being "overweight" myself. I can't wait!

Congratulations on the payoff of all your heard work!
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    I had to look this up - now that will add motivation for me - I have another 43 pounds to make that conversion - but it's good to know where it is! Thanks - I'm posting it on my refrigerator, it gives me a better goal!

Thanks for the thought and sharing

Also, congrats on your conversion!!!
  • A_New_Horizon
    I had to look this up - now that will add motivation for me - I have another 43 pounds to make that conversion - but it's good to know where it is! Thanks - I'm posting it on my refrigerator, it gives me a better goal!

Thanks for the thought and sharing

Also, congrats on your conversion!!!

No problem. It was a motivation for me as well. You will get there. Just keep taking it one day at a time, and you will achieve your goals.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!