Fruit sugar!!!!?? Help!

Options
Hi fitness pals,

Just having a moment of confusion regarding fruit sugar. :huh:

I am over my sugar again today, and yes, before you ask I do like the odd choccy bar. :blushing:

But, a lot of the time I am eating fruit, for example mango, and this sends my sugar numbers soaring!

Is it ok to eat fruit sugar or should i be trying to stay away from all sugars fruit or otherwise?

FYI - given up chocolate for lent so that should help!

Thank you everyone as always for your support! :love:

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I dont worry too much about the sugar levels if it's coming from fruit.

One thing I did do, thought, was swap my morning orange juice for a tomato/ vegetable one instead, or a no-sugar cranberry juice.
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    Most fruits are low glycemic load AND loaded with nutrition(organic often more so). Here is a a glycemic load reference for ya. http://www.mendosa.com/gilists.htm
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    mangos are high in sugar, if you want fruit grab the less sugary kind...only 2 servings of fruit should be eaten and watch sizes, bigger is not better in this case...
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing. I use fruits as snacks to help get the through the day. Most days I'm over my sugar goal. Never over the fat, and rarely over the carb goals.
  • Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I never factor in fruit sugars or milk sugars, because they are naturally occurring. HOWEVER, I don't eat the fruits highest in sugars because they are very calorie dense, and don't provide much fiber.

Among these are : Mango, Grapes, Pineapple, etc. Also, avoid dried fruit.

Some better, lower sugar fruits that are high in fiber are any kind of berry (but especially Blueberries and Blackberries), apples, oranges, and melon.
  • kpower1983
    kpower1983 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You are all fab!

Thanks for the advice!