Helloooooo

Options
Hi, my name is Ann and I am new to this whole thing. I was on the dreaded medication prednisone for over 5 years and gained about 60 lbs throughout the process. Now that I am off of the medication I am ready to get my body back. I have set my goal for 40 pounds of weightloss. I am hoping to lose 1-2 pounds a week.

So this excersize thing is much harder than I thought. I know I am fairly active around the home so I looked up some calorie burning excersizes that I do on a daily basis. I took the kids hiking last week for over an hour and was shocked when I looked up that one, over 1000 calories burned with that, and everyone had a great time on the trails.

Sorry to ramble - but I've been at this for a week and going strong. I did go over a few days so far, but I think that is adjusting to actually paying attention to what I am eating and going from 2000 calories a day down to 1200.

But anyways - hope to read you all on the boards and good luck with your goals!

Replies

• AnnVG2996
    AnnVG2996 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi, my name is Ann and I am new to this whole thing. I was on the dreaded medication prednisone for over 5 years and gained about 60 lbs throughout the process. Now that I am off of the medication I am ready to get my body back. I have set my goal for 40 pounds of weightloss. I am hoping to lose 1-2 pounds a week.

So this excersize thing is much harder than I thought. I know I am fairly active around the home so I looked up some calorie burning excersizes that I do on a daily basis. I took the kids hiking last week for over an hour and was shocked when I looked up that one, over 1000 calories burned with that, and everyone had a great time on the trails.

Sorry to ramble - but I've been at this for a week and going strong. I did go over a few days so far, but I think that is adjusting to actually paying attention to what I am eating and going from 2000 calories a day down to 1200.

But anyways - hope to read you all on the boards and good luck with your goals!
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    Welcome! This site is great. People are very supportive and motivating. :smile:

I find that if I log my food before I eat it, I tend to stay under my calorie allowance. Good luck to you!