Inspiration and motivation

Options
The last few days I have been slacking! Im at the point where I do not want to do anything but EAT and its really bad foods like pre-made pizzas and ice cream! Im also a coffee addict, I have to have like 5 cups of coffee all day. I know I have to get back on schedule and I keep thinking about why it is good for me but the motivation isnt there anymore. Any tips to help me out with motivation or to get the energy to do something...

Replies

• cindaboo1
    cindaboo1 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I try to think of the big picture; whether it's how I wanna look, how I wanna feel, my health, my family. It is NOT always easy trust me i know sometimes those cravings are KILLER!!! But the more you work on the emotional/mental part, it tends to help...
  • blessedmommy2x
    Options
    Honestly my motivation is this website & the scale... I WANT my ticker to move on here and show progress so I bust my butt to lose the lbs. I LOVE for my status to say I ate under my calories for the day & I burned hundreds or a thousand calories that day.... And did I mention I LOVE to watch the scale numbers decrease- THOSE are my motivators=RESULTS!

Even on the days where I don't lose the lbs... I KNOW I am healthy and I AM getting closer to my goal and that motivates me even more. The idea of being the size I want to be, and being healthy for myself and my family. And knowing that I CAN and AM doing this....

YOU CAN DO THIS... YOU HAVE TO REALLY WANT IT!!! Its not easy, its not a fast process.... but the results= SO WORTH IT! :-)
  • jeromy75
    jeromy75 Posts: 112
    Options
    I think cindaboo gave excellent advice.

Also, I keep telling people to journal journal journal. When you want to eat junk, write down your feelings, thoughts, and surroundings. What is going on at the time? Start replacing these things. Get down to the nitty gritty of why you are wanting this food. Replace your bad habits with good habits.

Keep going! You will succeed.
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Have a read (and a look at the photos) on the Success Stories Board, I loooove that one!
  • gabyp0716
    gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    The best tip I can give you is to plan, plan, plan. If you have your meals and snacks planned out for the day its a lot easier to stick to your diet. Its when we get hungry and have no food around that we start craving those bad thing for us. I always have almonds, apples, a protein bar at work. I bring my own lunch and drink so I don't hit the vending machine for a soda (even diet).

As far as workout I pretty much do the same. I have a calendar and list the workout that I'm suppossed to do (I mostly do beachbody programs, so they all come with their own calendar). But if I have an "appointment" listed in my calendar I tend not to miss it, so I try to do the same with my workout. Its an appointment with myself to be healthy, so I do my best to follow thru.

Also, talk to your friends and relative and let them know of your journey so they can be there to support you. This site is full of people willing and happy to there for you and help.

Send me a friends request if you wanna connect more :)
  • KatMM25
    KatMM25 Posts: 5
    Options
    thanks guys, these are all great ideas! I know I have to work on it and stuff so Im just going to keep thinking positive and incorporate all your ideas into mine and see what works for me :D
  • TIFFYBABY83
    Options
    I know how you feel and have been more than enough times and it sucks! Lately my motivation has been fueled by a few different things for example: I am going on a trip in a few months , and this summer I want to go swimming parties and have fun! and not feel embarassed ,so I try not to let those cravings set in cuz I know that sitting on the couch eating my fav foods isn't going to get me no where but bigger and more depressed and unable to enjoy my life the way I want, I am trying to realize that eating all this bad stuff only makes me a lil happy for a moment but miserable in the end. Just picture what you want and keep your eye on the prize honey, you will get there not overnight ( which I have finally reasoned with myself) but the day will come !Your awesome and your week is going to get better starting now because you took the time to write this blog so you have acknowledged that your not satisfied with what's been going recently, so here's to a FANTABULOUS rest of the day and week!!