Don't yell at me please;) nutritional supplements

Options
Ok, I am needing some advise on pills..a few days ago I took a sample packet of some stuff called Meltdown. It gave me an amazing burst of energy, like even I had the energy and modivation to clean my house, go running, and play with my kids lol It lasted about 6 hours and there was no "crash", I didn't feel like I was going to have a heart attack or anything like that. However, I am pretty sure that anything with that kind of boost is bad lol Has anyone taken that for long periods of time? What if I don't have any other caffine? Please help lol

Also, on a hopefully not so bad option, I have had several people refer me to Advocare, specificlly Thermoplus and Catalyst, anyone heard anything about it?

Replies

• jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    alot of advocare products are wonderful. I know most are pretty safe to take. I love SPARK.. it helps give you alot of energy and taste great. Hope that helps.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    What were the ingredients? Caffeine in large doses is very bad for the heart :heart: I won't yell; but, you should really research things like that before you put them in your BODY
  • EDBENAGLIO
    EDBENAGLIO Posts: 424
    Options
    read this
    http://www.sybervision.com/reviews/Review-VPX-Meltdown.php

i use Stacker 2 - Xtra Energy Shot i get it from the dollar store it is like 5 hr energy and works for me i take 1 berfor workout
  • ChessRonin
    ChessRonin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I would avoid stimulants in general. Caffeine in moderate amounts is acceptable, but stimulants in general are not a good thing to subject your body to. Also, you want to make your weight loss and health a lifestyle, not a short term project. Taking stimulants to jump-start your healthy living is a good way to fail.

Also, you are referring to a pill as a nutritional supplement. Does it supplement nutritional items that your body needs, or does it simply deliver a stimulant? If it's purpose is to deliver a stimulant, don't call it a nutritional supplement or even a supplement, because you're lying to yourself about it. Call it what it is, a stimulant, and then ask yourself if you want to be reliant on a stimulant for increased energy?
  • nisijam5
    Options
    read this
    http://www.sybervision.com/reviews/Review-VPX-Meltdown.php

i use Stacker 2 - Xtra Energy Shot i get it from the dollar store it is like 5 hr energy and works for me i take 1 berfor workout

Can you explain what the ingredients are? So, let me see if I understand correctly. You take something that jump starts your heart and then you stress it out with exercise??? Am I understanding correctly?
  • kickboxer74
    Options
    I am a big fan of the Jillian Micheals Fat Burner pills. I take two before my workouts and karate session. They give you a sustanined burst of energy with no crash afterwards. I have been taking then for quite sometime and I have had no ill effects. The comination of caffeine taken from coffee bean extract and kola nut seed extract interact with your body in more effiecient way than caffeine from pop and dangerousenergy drinks. The also contains guarana which is a stimulant that is much better and safer to take than dangerous stimulants such ephedra and yombie bark. The pill also contains alpha lipoic acid which is a free radiacal scavenger that reducs lactic acid thus taking away the soreness out of muscles and increasing recovery time. Research it and see if it is right for you? This is only preworkout supplement I have and will ever use.
  • RoseKatet
    RoseKatet Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I wasn't really looking for the other things it claimed to do, just mainly the energy because with more energy the more I can do. I have been eating right and exercising every day and I need a boost. The meltdown doesn't have caffeine listed specifically but I am sure that some of the other ingredients are similar. Also I was using nutritional supplement for two reasons..its what it says on the package and it was a general category...advocare is a nutritional supplement.
  • rnasim
    rnasim Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Take it from your online pharmacist (me)...all of these diet aids are bad news. Start working out slowly, as you increase your endurance you body will naturally become more energetic and you will be able to push a little harder. Our bodies are very forgiving, but it takes time for them to naturally "wake up" when a new exercise regimen is started. If you want my advise, don't take any "supplement" other than a multivitamin , calcium + D, and possibly some potassium or magnesium salts (ONLY IF your doctor tells you that your levels are low).
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I wasn't really looking for the other things it claimed to do, just mainly the energy because with more energy the more I can do.

If your body is tired, listen to it...it needs rest...don't override it

rnasim, thanks for bringing some sense into this thread