How can I lower my sugar intake????

Options
2»

Replies

• jace_pad
    jace_pad Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Plain raisins don't (typically) have sugar added - they are naturally high in sugar. Grapes are very high in natural sugar, and that sugar is concentrated when the fruit is dehydrated. It's something you don't want to pig out on, but not something to banish, IMO.

I was going to say something along the lines of this
    Also few things I kinda follow when it comes to fruit sugars (based on things I have heard)

You should avoid dried fruit because the sugars in dried fruit crystallise and
    And essentially no better than refined sugar

Juice from from fruit are the is the same your basically taking the sugar and water from a fruit and it doesn't digest as well as eating the whole fruit

On more positive I heard having fruit after a training session boosts your metabolism so this is probably the best time to eat fruit sugars

I w
  • Rosie958r
    Rosie958r Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean!
    There is sugar in everything. yoghurt, fruit, muesli bars.
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Breakfast:
    - You can use applesauce or bananas to sweeten your oatmeal
    - You can replace the raisins with blueberries
    - Add some fiber one cereal which is high in fiber and low in calories. Has no sugar!
    - Milk has a lot of sugar, so replace it with almond milk which is a lot lower

Lunch:
    - Do not use salas dressing. Instead just chop up tomatoes, onions and peppers for a topping
    - Have a piece of fruit like an apple instead of a granola bar
    - Do not get prepackaged meals. I like to make my own version of healthy choice meals with lighter sauces and lower sugar

Supper:
    - Do not have "dessert" Instead treat yourself to a piece of fruit or a package of almonds
    - Make your own bisuits to use in place of bread. That way you don't have to put any sugar in them. I love to make a biscuit recipe with replacing the butter with fat free sour cream, skim milk and whole wheat flour. They are so moist and awesome!

Snacks:
    - Choose either fruits or low carbs options like celery, almonds, peanut butter, tuna, etc.

By the way, if your sugar intake is coming from all fruits, that's okay if it goes over.