What do you do with yogurt??

Options
I bought a large container of vanilla yogurt recently. I mixed it with my cereal, and it was delicious! Now, though, I have this whole big thing of yogurt...and I honestly won't mix it with the cereal enough to use it up before the "use by" date on the container. So, what do you do with yogurt?

Replies

• hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    We bought a huge container of vanilla to make something as well, but I can't remember what it was at the moment :laugh:. It's still in the fridge, probably way past bad by now. I used to make fruit shakes with it, but I've been making protein shakes as of late.

Search the recipe threads for vanilla yogurt, I know there's a ton in there.
  • Princesspants78
    Options
    Add some fresh or frozen fruit to it for a yummy dessert!
  • jaylu
    jaylu Posts: 158
    Options
    i like a big dollop on my porridge in the morning and mixed with a fruit salad for a snack or just on it own its great. honestly i love yogurt and could live off the stuff! it even lovely just to dip your fruit into for a snack if u don't want a big bowl full.
  • ERapp01
    ERapp01 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I cut up fruit and mix in blueberries, apples or pears. It protein packed with fiber snack.

This snack will hold you for hours.

E
  • WashingtonGrown
    Options
    I put chopped strawberries and frozen blueberries in mine, as well as using it to make fruit smoothies with the same ingredients (I add a squeezed lemon because I like mine tart). You can also use it to bake, but you would have to search recipes to find out how.
    I buy Light and Fit in the bigger containers, it seems to be the lowest calorie yogurt I've found.
  • Restlessme
    Restlessme Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I did the same as well!
    I've been putting it with 1/2 of oatmeal and then putting into the fridge overnight. Once you take it out in the morning, it's really nice and creamy.
    When I can't think of anything to do with it, I just put a scoop of my chocolate protein powder into it.
  • spcopps
    spcopps Posts: 283
    Options
    Smoothies Girl!! I love a smoothie with 1/2 cup low fat vanilla yogurt, 3 tbsp non fat hershey's chocolate, 1 scoop whey protein powder (I use vanilla powder) and a cup of chopped strawberries...YUMMY desert!

Bfast smoothies never get dull if you mix up the fruits..one day blueberries, bananas, strawberries you get the idea..Same mix as above minus the chocolate.

Mix in some green onions and use instead of mayonaise

add some salsa and have as a dip with tortillas...
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I have been totally hooked on having 1/2 cup in the evening (I use Greek yogury) with walnuts and frozen blueberries - with a little sweetener on top! It's like having ice cream or something decadent!!
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I like non-fat (0%) plain greek yogurt :heart: For breakfast, I cut up fresh fruits and mix it with granola and the greek yogurt.

Also, if you want a snack.......I mix 1/2 cup of non-fat (0%) plain greek yogurt with a sprinkle (about 1 tsp or to taste) of sugar free cheesecake jello pudding mix..........It tastes a lot like a real cheesecake :happy:

You can also use sugar free pistashio jello pudding mix or other flavors that you may like :wink:
  • remembertheharddrive
    remembertheharddrive Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I like to eat yogurt for "dessert". In the same ways people use it for snacks - with fruit. It's like a sweet treat!
  • radicalreader
    radicalreader Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Some ideas for longer-term storage to avoid expiration date issues ...

You can make smoothies and freeze in a popsicle mold (or dixie cups).
    My kids used to love "smoothies on stick" when they were little.

If you have an ice cream freezer, you can make frozen yogurt.
  • KTNemo
    KTNemo Posts: 100
    Options
    I use it to replace half the fat in baked goods. It is delicious in banana, pumpkin, and applesauce breads/muffins.

You can also use it to make fruit dip, smoothies, parfaits, etc.
  • montanamade68
    montanamade68 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Get you some granola fruit and nuts and put it in there, like your cereal, it's delicious! !
  • langababy
    langababy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I buy frozen fruit and make smoothies :)