Low Carbers/SBers: Custom Percentages for C/F/P Goals?

Options
Wondering what percentages you low carbers, in particular South Beachers, are using for their carbs / fats / protein daily goals?

Please and thank you!

Replies

• MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Bumpage... I know there's gotta be an expert out there who knows!
  • lenwie
    lenwie Posts: 240
    Options
    Bump

I'd be interested to know this too!
  • MissO﹠A
    Options
    Bumpity-bump...

Where are all the low-carb MFP gurus?
  • mursey
    mursey Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I am on a low carb diet (using a mixture of things I learned from Atkins, Blood Type Diet for Blood Type O, and any other diets I've read about). I changed my food to show the good fats, sugars, carbs . I do look at the calories but I keep in mind that it's the sugars and carbs I am most concerned with. I changed the "goals" section of my food page to show higher protein and fat, lower carbs, but it looked like the website let me change it to specific ratios it wanted .. . . I didn't get it to say, for instance "X amount of carbs oer day, no calorie limit".

Is that even the question you were asking. .? Ha ha . . it's just nice to make more low carb dieting friends here. :)
  • daisymae9801
    daisymae9801 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I am attempting Atkins. I set it to 5% but have it show my fiber too. As long as my carbs - fiber equals what I'm aiming for (about 20-25 grams) I don't worry if it says I'm going over on carbs.
  • MissO﹠A
    Options
    Thanks Mursey & Sromanchyk. That's just the sort of info I'm looking for.

I went in and set custom goals for my daily percentages of protein/carbs/fats since the default setting is well off for what we're all doing. I'll go in and set it to show fiber as well. That should be helpful.

The mister and I did Atkins successfully back when we decided we'd had enough of being fat and managed to keep it off when we moved on to the "maintenance" phase (which was really just a "not eating crap" phase). Then I got preggers and it all went to hell. Haha. So years later, we're back to doing low carb, though trying out the South Beach variation due to a slight bit more variety in foods.

Cheers!
  • hollym76
    hollym76 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am excited that there are low carbers on this site! I thought it was just calorie counting. Good to know that I can personalize my goal on here. Thanks :)