I peeked

Options
I am doing the challenge where you are not to weight in for a month. I wasn't going to peek, but I did. Had to go to the doc for my annual physical. I started this site at the beginning of Nov. I have lost 15 pounds. I am sooooooooooooooo excited. This site has made this adventure a smooth one. The support, the advice, the excitement is the key for making this site such a success. I am heading for the next 15-20 by Christmas. I will not get on the scale again until Dec 23.
Here's to the next step:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Replies

• icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I am doing the challenge where you are not to weight in for a month. I wasn't going to peek, but I did. Had to go to the doc for my annual physical. I started this site at the beginning of Nov. I have lost 15 pounds. I am sooooooooooooooo excited. This site has made this adventure a smooth one. The support, the advice, the excitement is the key for making this site such a success. I am heading for the next 15-20 by Christmas. I will not get on the scale again until Dec 23.
  • playinwfire
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Wowwww :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I hope I will do the same by next month!

Great job!:wink:
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Oh well, so you peeked...:flowerforyou:

15 lbs is fabulous!! Keep it going!
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I'm not in this challenge, but isn't is awesome to lose 15 pounds?!? Congratulations!!!!! :happy:
  • tdroseler
    Options
    way to go icandoit!!!!

maybe banks will let you get away with it, lol...i mean, it was your annual physical...you can't help it they have the sscales where it is right in front of your face, lol...:laugh: :laugh:

i think the fact you lost 15 lbs is totally awesome.
  • mamatusa
    Options
    That is awesome - 15 pounds! way to go! :flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,945 Member
    Options

Did you tell your doctor how much weight you lost in such a short time? What you are doing is NOT good for you - whatever it is. 15 pounds lost in two weeks is only a good thing if you are obese: and even then should be done under a doctor's supervision. Please read up on safe weight loss or see a nutritionist. You should be shooting for 1-2 pounds a week to be able to sustain loss and maintain your weight after.

We want you to succeed! But guard your health. It's the most important thing.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to complain Icandoit! But Cheryl has a point. While I'm not as alarmed because the first few weeks you can sometimes loose a LOT of water weight (and eating better sometimes helps flush out the colon at the beginning), but still just be aware that while 15 lbs is a great start, if you loose another 7 lbs in a week, there could be danger.
    I think it's great that you lost the weight! but be careful, we want you here for the long haul.
    :happy:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options

Did you tell your doctor how much weight you lost in such a short time? What you are doing is NOT good for you - whatever it is. 15 pounds lost in two weeks is only a good thing if you are obese: and even then should be done under a doctor's supervision. Please read up on safe weight loss or see a nutritionist. You should be shooting for 1-2 pounds a week to be able to sustain loss and maintain your weight after.

We want you to succeed! But guard your health. It's the most important thing.

My doc is very happy. I am not staving myself. I am counting calories, (1440 as the site suggested) and eating right. I have to lose 75+ more pounds. I have dedicated myself to a huge lifestyle change. I am working out 5 days a week, ( 1.5 hours of cardio and weights) and I am eating healthier than ever. My doc said not to change what I am doing. He was not concerned at all. I print all my meals and calories everyday. I have never eaten less than 1440. I am eating more like 1520-1600. I increase my calories by the amount I am burning. My trainer aka my husband is a retired bodybuilder, and he stays on top of that for me. He monitors my whole intake of food and my exericing. When you cut out the fast food (2-3 days a week) and the carbs late at night, and you exercise the proper way, it will come off. It won't always be fast like this, but it will come off.
    Have a great day.
  • sam456456
    Options
    Wow!! Good for you. It took me months to lose 15 pounds and you have already lost 15 pounds!!! Good for you, congrats!!
  • jmlane1981
    Options
    Great Job...Keep up the Good Work!!! I look forward to being able to say that I have lost 15 pounds. :bigsmile:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Well, that solves that concern. :bigsmile:

Now that we know you are safe, i give you the most WHOLE HEARTED congradulations!
    Nothing is better to hear then someone loosing weight in bunches and doing it
    the RIGHT way!

Great work Icandoit! Keep it up!