Greetings form AZ

Emdicio
Emdicio Posts: 270 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, new cohorts! I just joined MFP with a renewed effort to lose some weight and get into better shape. I was looking for a food journal for my Blackberry and ran across this site. I've put on about 150 over the last 20 years, and while I thoroughly enjoyed the journey, it's time to make some lifestyle changes while I still can. Plus, my wife recently started on Nutrisystem and is making good progress so it's good timing now that she is also dieting.

I'm hoping to lose 1-2 pounds a week over the next few years, take it off slow and increase my physical activity as I progress. Better choices, every day, and I'm going to try and not beat myself up when I do fall off the wagon. I've been successful losing weight before but never felt really compelled to keep up the changes; I need to make it permanent this time. Best wishes to all of us who struggle with this issue!

Cheers......Mike

Replies

• Emdicio
    Emdicio Posts: 270 Member
    Hello, new cohorts! I just joined MFP with a renewed effort to lose some weight and get into better shape. I was looking for a food journal for my Blackberry and ran across this site. I've put on about 150 over the last 20 years, and while I thoroughly enjoyed the journey, it's time to make some lifestyle changes while I still can. Plus, my wife recently started on Nutrisystem and is making good progress so it's good timing now that she is also dieting.

I'm hoping to lose 1-2 pounds a week over the next few years, take it off slow and increase my physical activity as I progress. Better choices, every day, and I'm going to try and not beat myself up when I do fall off the wagon. I've been successful losing weight before but never felt really compelled to keep up the changes; I need to make it permanent this time. Best wishes to all of us who struggle with this issue!

Cheers......Mike
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Welcome!! This is a great place - hope you enjoy the next part of the journey as much!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Best of luck to you, Mike! :smile:
This discussion has been closed.