What exactly is a cheat day?

Options
I mean, I dont feel deprived at all. I eat what I enjoy. I count it of course, but I feel as though everyone else must be so strict with their diets. Of course i do go out once in a while and indulge and i guess that would be considered "cheating" but i honestly feel as though i am doing something wrong on a daily basis. can someone shed some light on this for me?

Replies

• hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Some people feel they must only eat healthy, but they still feel these urges to eat "unhealthy", so they set aside one day a week that they allow themselves these "bad" foods. Almost always they will go over in calories on this day as well.

I feel the same as you. I eat what I want (had a strawberry filled donut yesterday and loved it), but yet I still meet or am under my calorie goals for the day.
  • paigebeverly
    paigebeverly Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    We don't have a cheat day...but 2 cheat meals a week. And we usually go to a resturant...like if I am craving a chicken fried steak I go get one...but I get the lunch size and still only eat half of it. Now I am not gonna go cheat and overeat...like 6000 calories a day.
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    We do a cheat day once a week, usually means we go out for a nice sit down dinner - however we normally stay within our calories for the day.