The Trivial Things

Options
I have not reached my goal weight YET, but I'm still working towards it and I consider each pound lost a success :)

There are a few things that I never thought about before and that maybe others would consider small or unimportant, but I've found that the trivial things have had the biggest impact on me emotionally and mentally. One was when I realized I could wrap a towel completely around me. Another was when my little sister hugged me and could touch her hands behind my back. The latest was when I woke up this morning, looked in the mirror and realized that I have a definable waist. These are just a few of the things that have brought tears to my eyes and have kept me going with the hope that there are more pleasant surprises to come.

When I first began my weight loss journey, I didn't expect how profound of an impact it would have on me. At that time, I didn't fully believe I would be able to make it to where I am now, but now that I'm here, I have no doubts that one day, I will reach my goal of looking into the mirror and seeing my inner beauty reflected on the outside.

Replies

• kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    None of these things are trivial :wink:

Congratulations on your accomplishments so far, and best of luck as you continue the journey.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    My trivial thing is being able to see triceps again. After about 10 years.... I sit there and flex em just to watch em pop up. I am fascinated by them! :laugh:
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling of being able to wrap a towel around you. I accomplished that right before Christmas, and the feeling was amazing! None of that stuff it trivial. It's not something that some people think of, but I know those feelings all too well. Congratulations on your successes! You are doing amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!