calorie/protein question

Options
When I set up MFP goals, I said I wanted to lose 1.5 lbs/week. That put me at 1200 calories/day, which is fine for me. The thing that I am concerned about is my protein. I almost always go over it. So, I adjusted my calories to 1300/day so I would be able to meet my protein goal. I am fine with projected weight loss, it only adds an extra two weeks or so to get to my goal weight. But I am wondering if I am doing something wrong in the protein area, or is adjusting my calories to be able to consum more protein a good idea for me? I am going to figure out how to open my food diary to everyone so that may help with this question.

Replies

• Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Also, I thought I would add that I usually put my planned meals in even before I meet them. It helps me stick to my calorie goal, so for today that is what I am planning on eating for dinner.
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    You can keep your calories at 1200 and go into custon and change the percentage of protein vs. carbs etc
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    It is fine to go over on protein, MFP has protein set up as 15% of total calories. You can go in and change this to what better suits your diet, weather it is 20 or 30%. Go to goals, click change goals, select custom, make your changes then click save changes.
  • teasha43
    teasha43 Posts: 101
    Options
    I have a freind who is a trainer..he told me to change to 30 carb, 40 protein, 3o fat. I feel less sore and full longer with the extra protein:) Hope it helps
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice. I just assumed MFP had the carbs and such set up the best way. I just changed them and am going to wait a week and see if I need to make further changes. Thanks again!
  • teasha43
    teasha43 Posts: 101
    Options
    You are so welcome:)