Hello...I'm New to the group

Options
CJK1959
CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
Just joined My fitness pal and wanted to say hello. I think I am a food-a-holic because sometimes no matter how much I eat, I have this hunger that just won't be satisfied. I joined this program to force myself to list what I eat and make myself accountable. Any tips would be appreciated and encouragement always welcome! :smile:

Replies

• FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I can relate . . .we all have huger. We have a physical hunger and we hunger for many other things. . . love, friendship, entertainment, productivity, etc. I love this site because it will tell me how much I need to satisfy what my body needs to function. When I have spread that out over the day choosing healthy options, i know that any other "hunger" needs to be satisfied in a different way. I tell myself I have eaten enough, and I search for a way other that food to satisfy what it is I am seeking. . . cause we both know that food isn't the answer!
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I feel the same way. Even though I know I've eaten more than I normally would I still want more....Ugh!! It's good that you want to try to keep yourself accountable. Good Luck!!!
  • krystleRD
    krystleRD Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    @CJK= Do you drink enough water? Your body may be needing water and your giving it food instead.. Monday was 2 weeks for me since i gave up sodas and juices and been on water ever since, every meal or snack i have i make sure i have a large cup of water beside me and ive noticed that it helps with my hunger cravings.. you should try it ... I also find stuff to keep me busy like reading, walking or doing something around the house.. I hope this helps some..
  • NoMorePerfect
    NoMorePerfect Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I can relate . . .we all have huger. We have a physical hunger and we hunger for many other things. . . love, friendship, entertainment, productivity, etc. I love this site because it will tell me how much I need to satisfy what my body needs to function. When I have spread that out over the day choosing healthy options, i know that any other "hunger" needs to be satisfied in a different way. I tell myself I have eaten enough, and I search for a way other that food to satisfy what it is I am seeking. . . cause we both know that food isn't the answer!

Wow! I couldn't have said it better myself.
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the tips and encouragement. I gave up soda two years ago, but recently I fell off the wagon....moved to a new city, got a new job....lots of change, so my new vow is to get off it again, and drink just water. I crept up a few pounds since I rejoined Curves, but have taken off 3 and am noticing pants fitting a little looser. I will do this...I will do this...I will do this...lol