Zumba

Options
Is Zumba listed as an exercise here? How do I calculate the calories burned and add them to my diary?

Replies

• ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    It's not. I add it as high impact aerobics...although people who use the HRM's log a lot more calories burned. I'm working on getting one myself...I want to know more accurately what I am burning.
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    It's not for some strange reason but I log it under Dancing, aerobic, ballet or modern, twist
  • Blr31977
    Blr31977 Posts: 49
    Options
    I purchased a calorie counter watch to track those calories.. According to my age (33) I burn between 600-750 in 45 minutes according to that.. It depends on how intense the workout is.
  • amyrrobinson
    Options
    It isn't listed. If you know about what you burn, you can add it as your own exercise. But don't be fooled by what the ads say you can burn. Get the HRM. I thought I was burning 500-600 calories. After getting my HRM and putting in my stats, it turns out I burn 150-250 depending on my level of intensity. ALL of my estimates were too high.
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    With the HRM you can even log the calorieswalking from the car to the gym. That is the good thing about them. I do alot of different stuff so I use the LAP button to stop and start so I will know what calories and where burned!!! Best of wishes!