Tomato Recipes??

Options
mimzy
mimzy Posts: 135 Member
I have lots of tomatoes, but I don't care for them raw. I do like them cooked however.
Does anyone know some healthy recipes that would help me out?

Replies

• mimzy
    mimzy Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have lots of tomatoes, but I don't care for them raw. I do like them cooked however.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options

Hokay, so I heard your typing that you said you do not care for raw tomatoes. However... Have you tried Gazpacho ever? Tomato lovers can be brought to the other side with this nummy summer raw soup! DELISH! And it such a healthy filler. It would be lovely served in a margarita glass with olives on a toothpick or drink knife. YUM!

gazpacho.jpg

Gazpacho soup was invented for the summer. Refreshingly cold on hot summer days, this adaptation of the classic Spanish cold tomato soup deliciously combines the best of summer vegetables. Make sure you only use the freshest, highest quality ingredients for this soup.

Gazpacho Recipe
    Print Options
    Print (no photos)
    Print (with photos)
    Ingredients
    6 ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
    1 purple onion, finely chopped
    1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, chopped
    1 sweet red bell pepper (or green) seeded and chopped
    2 stalks celery, chopped
    1-2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
    2 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1/4 cup red wine vinegar
    1/4 cup olive oil
    2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
    2 teaspoons sugar
    Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
    6 or more drops of Tabasco sauce to taste
    1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (omit for vegetarian option)
    4 cups tomato juice

Method
    Combine all ingredients. Blend slightly, to desired consistency. Place in non-metal, non-reactive storage container, cover tightly and refrigerate overnight, allowing flavors to blend.

Serves 8.

or try chili there are tons of different ways to make it and with some light sour cream and shredded mozzarella on top it is delicious and filling!!
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    During our cook-out over the past weekend, we had some left over tomato slices.....I threw them on the grill and found my new obsession! My hubby didn't care for them but he's not a diehard tomato freak like me! I guess it's my healthy version of Fried Green Tomatoes! Teeheeee. Next time, I'm going to cover them in Cajun seasoning..mmmm mmmmm good!:bigsmile: