Should I feel bad???

Options
At first the reason for losing weight was so I could have another baby......well...the longer I thought about it I decided why get my body back when I was just gonna get pregnant. I do have one daughter..she is 9 years old. Am I being selfish to my family? I would rather be thin and healthy then have another child...and go through this roller coaster of a ride again.

Replies

• Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    HA! I feel the same way! Pregnancy was not fun or easy for me. I'm high risk and couldn't exercise or do much of anything while I was pregnant. I was on bedrest for a while and gained over 55lbs during my pregnancy. I lost it all and am working on a 6 pack now. Everyone keeps saying that I should have another baby, but honestly...I really don't want to do it all all over again. I completely understand how you feel. Don't feel bad......there's no requirement to have a certain # of children. I tell myself that if I have another child, we will have less to give to our children.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Ah but babies are worth it :). And if you are careful during pregnancy, you won't have a huge bunch of weight to lose anyway.

But if you simply don't want another child, then by all means, don't do it. Just make the choice for the right reasons :flowerforyou:
  • jjjuuunnniiieee
    Options
    I definitely do not think you're being selfish at all!

A lot of women put themselves last and think they have to do plenty of other things just because that's what is expected of them. If you're working hard for the body you want and you feel that you don't want to give that up, that's perfectly fine! You have to do what makes YOU happy!
  • Crossfire77
    Crossfire77 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If you feel like your family is complete, then you are done! If you have the desire for another child, then have one, knowing you can make healthy choices while pregnant. It's not selfish not to have another child if you feel like you would be doing it reluctantly.

Whatever you decide, do what YOU want to do
  • paigebeverly
    paigebeverly Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yeah sometimes I feel like the pressure is coming from the grandparents becuase they want another grandchild. I am the only sibling that can have a baby....sooooooo I think thats where I get my feeling guilty part.

Plus my daughter weighed 10 pounds when she was born and I had her natural..not thinking I want to put my body through labor again. LOL.