New and All that Stuff

Lanie1974
Lanie1974 Posts: 3 Member
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
Hi

I'm 36 years old, and 36 pounds over what I was when I was 26 years old. I know that doesn't seem to be a lot to most people but this is coming from a person who was once over 230 lbs and fought like hell to lose 115lbs naturally without any drugs, surgery or purging.

2 years ago when my father died I went into a deep depression and started to feed myself things that I never liked before. From burgers to fries and shakes to fried chicken, chocolate cake and pasta every other night.

Potato chips and cheez-its were a major weakness.

Now here I am 2 years later, no longer depressed but now fighting the urge to just eat the same because I am too lazy to cook for myself.

Im on this site in hopes of being able to manage what I do and eat on a daily basis since it takes a lot of effort to figure out where you are failing on yourself when you can clearly see that you are gaining a lot of weight very rapidly.

Replies

• angie_04
    angie_04 Posts: 471 Member
    Welcome! I have 90lbs to lose so I know u have been through what I'm going through now...That is an amazing accomplishment and I hope to be able to say that some day...this is a wonderful site and is helping me to not overeat for sure....Who knows how many cals I would consume in one day alone(love junk food)---scary....you r welcome to add me as a friend and good luck on your journey....hope all goes well!!!!
This discussion has been closed.