PiYo?

Options
13»

Replies

• kayla7jackson
    Options
    I love PiYo as well and it would be awesome to have it added to the myfitnesspal exercise database! :) All of you PiYo LOVERS, add me on here!
  • sharde51
    sharde51 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just came here trying to find info for calories on PiYo too think anyone's listening?
  • beccaR1960
    beccaR1960 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    PiYo doesn't burn a ton of calories. It's meant to tone your muscles and mentally relax so you won't have bad food cravings. A sweat work out can average 200 calories an easy class is 100. I suggest not taken this class if ur guilty of over eating. But I do think you should do Piyo 2-3 times with your other hard core work outs!!! The benefits will be unbelievable

WOW! I don't know what kind of PiYo class you've taken... or maybe you are ubber fit, but I just took a PiYo class first time today. Worked my rear end off and sweated like a pig! :blush:
    410655127 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes, please add PIYO! I just started with it and plan to implement it regularly into my fitness routine.
  • qtcaro
    qtcaro Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I hope they add it too:( Seen many posts asking for it. I'm not sure anyone is listening?
  • Ruffian22
    Ruffian22 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It would appear that MFP would add PiYo after at least 3 years of folks asking about it. Let me add my name to the list of people who would like to have PiYo added. Recently started doing it and my FitBig just doesn't get the calories burned well enough to be valid.
  • linifer
    linifer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Another request for this please :-)
  • nikolean7
    nikolean7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I CrossFit 4 days a week and just added PIYO to my routine. For those of you saying it's not cardio, you must not be pushing hard enough because when I do the DVDS at home I'm drenched! This isn't some simple Vinyasa flow with deep meditative breaths but rather a fast pace program. In these 1st two weeks of the program I've found myself pausing whole reaching for water. I've seen that the works burn about 400 calories but I don't have an HRM to test it myself nor will I purchase one to do so. Developers aren't reading this feed but I'll add my vote in case for some reason they start.
  • jillkuczek
    jillkuczek Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Still love to see PiYo added!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    HRM calorie burn is reliable only when doing steady state cardio.
  • lorrpb
    Options
    ghottamale wrote: »
    Please please please add Piyo! Piloxing and TRX too ;) oh and Barre!

@ghottamale I use calisthenics or circuit training for TRX.
  • wsgeek1
    wsgeek1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just ordered PiYo and I'm on my 2nd day of MFP. I can't believe the request to add PiYo has been around for 2 years. Really looking forward to tracking progress in MFP.
  • jdmomof6
    jdmomof6 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes! Add Piyo please!
  • blafoy87
    blafoy87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    To the people who are saying piyo doesn't burn calories because it is a "toning workout". First of all, toning exercises burn calories, and secondly piyo is a lot of cardio as well. Soooo we must not be in the same Piyo class,
  • Caramel_jj
    Caramel_jj Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ADD the new workout associated with Genesis Health Clubs. Those exercises would be PIYO, FIGHT and POWER. I love using this app but if these exercises were on the app it would leave out the guess work!
  • lorrpb
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I think MFP uses a preestablished database, probably from a governmental entity. I don't think they're into adding specific brand name exercises and classes. Why not just use Yoga? What does BB say about calorie burn?
  • jilemail
    jilemail Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My Fitness Pal- I see here that the community has been requesting PiYo be added to the Database since 2011- why is it not yet added? :(
    Jill
  • Danalmillan
    Danalmillan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would love to see PiYo added to the exercise list!
  • gkhenrique
    gkhenrique Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Add PiYo!