Vegetarian Diet

Options
I recently chose to try a vegetarian lifestyle. I've only been doing it for about three weeks, but I really think it is something I can stick with. I was wondering if anyone out there has any recipe ideas or tips for sticking with a veggie diet. Thanks!

Replies

• megmarie
    megmarie Posts: 6
    Options
    I recently chose to try a vegetarian lifestyle. I've only been doing it for about three weeks, but I really think it is something I can stick with. I was wondering if anyone out there has any recipe ideas or tips for sticking with a veggie diet. Thanks!
  • Flocker
    Flocker Posts: 35
    Options
    Morningstar Farms and Boca will become you favorite brands. I've been veggie for almost a decade. I use the crumbles in everything, and really love most of the other items, too.
  • ajikan81
    ajikan81 Posts: 6
    Options
    Depends on why you are doing it. I've been a veg on and off for years, and find it pretty easy. The best thing I think is to try and get really great produce from a farmers market if possible. Then just google around to find interesting ways to use the veggies. That and the Morningstar products I also recommend.
  • sdjurek
    sdjurek Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Oh where to begin! I've been a vegetarian for over 10 years and this longevity has taught me a lot of things... one of the nicest is that you can still eat foods that you've come to love over the years but with a little different twist. I love comfort foods, so instead of the meats on summer holidays, I make bbq lentils, i love to make some tofu and put it in a hotdog bun with ketchup and onions, too.

My best advice is to find recipes that you want to make and find a way to make them vegetarian. Btw, Morningstar Chix Patties are my favorite and have proven to be a favorite among many of my meat-eating friends.