OK, got first pair of running shoes. Now I have a question f

Beginning running again and I just went out and bought my first real pair of great running shoes ever! Paid the 100 bucks for them and tried on a lot of shoes and had two guys helping me. So now I run in the mornings, should I wear them the rest of the day to work in or just take them out for the run in the mornig?

Replies

• Beginning running again and I just went out and bought my first real pair of great running shoes ever! Paid the 100 bucks for them and tried on a lot of shoes and had two guys helping me. So now I run in the mornings, should I wear them the rest of the day to work in or just take them out for the run in the mornig?
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    I would only use them for running.
    I have a pair just for running and another pair for walking and other day to day stuff.

Protect them as much as possible. Good shoes not only make your runs more comfortable but they will also help protect your body parts (like your knees, shins etc..)

Way to go on you starting to run!! :flowerforyou:
  • runnerwithstyle
    runnerwithstyle Posts: 146 Member
    I just run in my running shoes
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Congrats on your investment!

I too only use my running shoes for running.

Enjoy your runs:flowerforyou:
    -Kechie.
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Yup, I just save my shoes for running only and keep track of how many miles I log so I know when it's time for a new pair.
  • Thanks, I think I might create a little log on how many miles I run in them to keep track.
    I learn so much on this site!:flowerforyou:
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    I LOVE Runner's World's Training Log b/c one of the cool features keeps track of how many miles you put on your shoes. It will even keep track of mileage on more than one pair of shoes at a time.

Here is the link to my log:
    http://traininglog.runnersworld.com/profiles/fc5d48ae421b45db943188021e404b7b
  • vegasmellie
    vegasmellie Posts: 118 Member
    I'm thinking about starting to run. I'm not a big fan of running, but I need something more effective.

oh, and cute pug! I have one too. :wink:
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    I wear mine all the time. They're just so cushioned and we have concrete floors in my house...I can't take them off. But I do have 3 pair, and so each has 48 hours to recover after a day of use.

I would reccomend only wearing them during your runs though.
    Good luck!
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    you question has been answered by all the experts already...but just wanted to add....

www.mapmyrun also has a tracking feature for your new shoes!!

congrats on the new purchase!! Many happy miles to you! :flowerforyou:

please join us everyday in the MFP Runners club and we will give you tons of love and support!!