My Almost Tandori Chicken

Options
This is adapted From Rachael Ray's "Almost Tandori Chicken". I made it tonight and it was supper easy, delicious and healthy. I wish I had taken pictures, but it went so fast it was gone before I even thought about it.

Serves 4
Preheat oven to 500 degrees
Ingredients:
2 Lbs. boneless/skinless chicken breasts, cut up (I slice mine in half, and then pieces of 6)
1 Cup Plain No-Fat Yogurt (You can use straight from the fridge or drain with cheesecloth to make a yogurt cheese)
1 Tbs. Paprika
1 Tbs. Cumin
1 Tbs. Curry Powder
1 Tbs. Garlic Powder
Salt and Pepper to taste

Combine Spices and Yogurt and then coat chicken well. Place on a slotted broiler pan and roast in the oven for 35-45 minutes. Until juices run clear and edges are slightly charred.

Cal. Carb. Fat Pro * Sod. Sugar
Total: 1328 30 8 233 579 15
Per Serving: 332 8 2 58 145 4

* Depending on how much salt you use, the sodium content can go up quickly. I leave salt out of this one and let the other spices do the seasoning.

Replies

• ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmm sounds delicious!
  • qtrhrsewoman
    Options
    Might I also add, that I had serious reservations about this recipe. I could not fathom sticking yogurt in the oven at 500 degrees, or any temperature for that matter, nor am I always a huge fan of middle eastern cuisine. But, the picture looked so good in the book that I had to try it. I will never be afraid of yogurt in the oven again!