How can I lose weight faster?

Options
I've lost 4lbs in 6days. Is that a good rate? How can I speed up rate of losing weight or would that just be unhealthy and I should let my body do what it does? Will I keep losing weight (I need 9 more lbs to go by Sept.) if I walk 2.5mph for at least 45mins a day and eat up to two snacks and also eat 1000calories a day total though sometimes I go about 50-70 calories over. How can I increase the amount of exercise I do? Anything I can improve on or any good exercise ideas? Thank you for your help and time! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    First of all you are too young (seventh grade?) to be worrying about your weight if you are in a healthy range. Obviously, you don't know much about healthy weight loss, how could you? Spend some time being a kid, otherwise you are headed down a road to an eating disorder.
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I have to second that. It's obvious through your phrasing that this is a bit "desperate" for you. This isn't a process that should happen quickly. It also sounds like you're not eating enough. Until your body is finished growing, you need lots of high quality calories to protect yourself from things like osteoporosis later in life. PLEASE just focus on getting in the habit of eating whole, nourishing foods and getting a healthy amount of exercise. Those are habits that will work wonders for your entire life. Don't be in a rush to lose weight. You're still at a point where your body composition will fluctuate to accommodate growth spurts and this is necessary!!! Take good care of yourself!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Thank you-- I put in another post about her just being a kid-- maybe you need to talk to your parents-- obsessing over your weight so young could lead to eating disorders-- you would be suprised how just getting active outside will do for you--
  • klikittyklak
    klikittyklak Posts: 144
    Options
    Please eat more than 1000 calories a day, especially if you're exercising on top of that!!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Her profile says 18---how old are you?
  • sapphyre0702
    Options
    Also, 4lbs in 6 days is a bit fast to lose actual weight. You shouldn't really be losing more than 2 lbs a week it isn't healthy for your body.

You shouldn't worry about your weight so intensely now, it won't pay off. My recommendation is to relax, focus on making healthy choices and getting outside. I got a little too "focused" on weight loss and it really messed up my metabolism.

Be smart and be healthy and try to remember that someone who is confident and carries themselves well, looks more beautiful than a Kate Moss wannabe.
  • bleachcse
    bleachcse Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    From reading your profile, I get the feeling your mom may be pressuring you to lose some weight. You really are too young to be obsessing over your weight like this. You don't look overweight. Your body will get leaner as you get older as long as you are eating healthy foods and are active. You may still have some baby fat. I really worry for you. If you want to lose weight, please do it the healthy way. 1 pound a week is considered healthy weight loss. And you need to be eating way more than 1000 calories a day especially if you are exercising. You may want to talk to someone about this, like a school counselor. If your mom is pressuring you, let her know that's not ok. At your age this shouldn't be a big issue.
  • shorerider
    Options
    AND, I ask AGAIN--how old are you. I see 18 on her profile--not sure where you guys are getting that she's 7 or a "kid"--her notes on her profile say she's (?) years old then at the top, it says 18.

SO, AGAIN--how old are you?

Regardless of how old you are--you shouldn't be trying to lose more than 2 pounds per week and that's the maximum you should try for.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    AND, I ask AGAIN--how old are you. I see 18 on her profile--not sure where you guys are getting that she's 7 or a "kid"--her notes on her profile say she's (?) years old then at the top, it says 18.

SO, AGAIN--how old are you?

Regardless of how old you are--you shouldn't be trying to lose more than 2 pounds per week and that's the maximum you should try for.

she is 12 years old heading into the 7th grade- if her profile says that she is 18 now she must have changed it--
  • shorerider
    Options
    I found in another of her posts where she's in the 7th grade. Frankly, I don't think she should be on this site at that age. That's my 2 cents.
  • mramig
    mramig Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It said 12 a few days ago. She's posted several posts and got the same answers about being too young to be obsessing, so she changed it.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    technically she shouldn't be (I believe this site is 18 and over). This site is for adult weight loss, not really for kids. Not that I have anything against it, with proper adult supervision. But children have different needs, and I, for one, know enough to know I know very little about those needs. (could I have put any more "know"s in that sentance?)
  • AbbyIsWangsterful
    AbbyIsWangsterful Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    You people are so freaking annoying (no affence to the ones who don't underestimate us). You all say I'm too young when I've already "grown up". I think I deserve the right to portion my food and exercise. Does it matter how old I am? I'm a pre-teen! And no, I'm not obsessing! You adults underestimate children and think we should just shut up and eat our ravioli. Was "Am I old enough to watch my weight" the question? I'm enjoying childhood and watching my weight so, thanks for your opinion. My gene makes me have to watch my weight. Once again, thanks for your opinion.
  • shorerider
    Options
    No one is underestimating you. The simple fact of the matter is you are too young to be making decisions on your own regarding your weight. If you were on here with your parents oversight, it'd be one thing. But it seems you have done this on your own. And you have a long way to go until you are "grown up."

This is not to mention, as did Banks, that this is an over 18 site--so I assume you lied about your age to get on here--yet another reason you should not be on here.
  • lisatownsend
    Options
    girly i have 4 teen agers and they are not anywhere over weight ! and i hope that you are not doing anything to hurt yourself ! i understand that you think if you dont watch you weight now that you are gonna get fat later ! NO YOU ARE NOT
  • AbbyIsWangsterful
    Options
    I am not too young. My Mom agrees with me and if she doesn't agree with something; she'll help me improve. My Mom monitors my account and I tell her everything so unless your my Mom, I don't care if you think I'm too young and should have no opinion nor feeling towards life and should live like a rag doll eating, sleeping, and going to school. You remind me of my dad.
  • lisatownsend
    Options
    girly i have 4 teen agers and they are not anywhere over weight ! and i hope that you are not doing anything to hurt yourself ! i understand that you think if you dont watch you weight now that you are gonna get fat later ! NO YOU ARE NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STAY A KID AND STAY ACTIVE ! GET AWAY FROM THE TV AND CUMPUTER AND HAVE FUN! if you just do that the rest of your life ( stay active ) you wont ever have to worry ! and just eat healthy please dont do anything to hurt your self ! BE A KID :brokenheart: :sad:
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to put out there that I think you're a beautiful girl. I think it's good that you're aware of your body and want to make it healthier. I'm not sure if this site is particularly for you, because everything is geared a little more towards adults and the ways that they need to lose weight. Please enjoy being a kid. Have fun with your friends, go to the mall, have a good time. Be aware of your choices so that you don't get into bad eating habits, but please don't obsess over it. You have your whole life to obsess over all kinds of things. I know that it's hard for people your age to feel confident about themselves. I've been there; we all have. We just want you to be a happy girl. If you feel like you need a place to journal your food, buy a cool journal and write it all down. If you're really concerned about your weight, please check with your doctor before starting any kind of reduced calorie plan. Your body is still growing and I would really hate for you to do any kind of permanent damage now that can't be undone. Take care of yourself. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • AbbyIsWangsterful
    Options
    Thank you LokiFae :flowerforyou:
  • bleachcse
    bleachcse Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Watching your weight is one thing. Trying to lose weight really fast is another. I teach 7th grade and I know that children your age are not "grown up". Some advice to you if you won't want us annoying you...don't post questions about how to lose weight really fast to a group of people who advocate doing it the healthy way.