How to get rid of a "lower belly pouch"

Options

Replies

• Molleh
    Molleh Posts: 5
    Options

I love the Shred, I've been doing this as well but not everyday. It's too hard on my knees. I just ordered her new Ripped in 30 days. Looking forward to starting that next week.

Ooooooooo haha havent heard of that one yet. maybe ill get on that one after im done the shred ;)
    my roomie bought a target area one too but that one hurts soooo baaad. i dont have 3lb weights i have 5's. so its definately more challenging. :p i dont dare do the target area one anymore. got halfway though once and said screw it. the shred works soooo well for me. im curious about the new Ripped in 30 tho. will have to look into that :D
  • Slim_in_Phila
    Options
    what is a bicycle crunch?? and i as well have that "front butt"
  • katrinadizzle
    Options
    Yeah, I think I would accept mine if it came from something medical like yours... or kids, you know. But mine is just fat, which makes me want to lose it. Lol :(
  • Molleh
    Molleh Posts: 5
    Options
    what is a bicycle crunch?? and i as well have that "front butt"

Heres a quick demo video i found. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixQGJ3Ja-2I&playnext=1&list=PLDDA85793B75CFA3F
    and dont worry if you can do a lot of them. they get uncomfortable around the 10th crunch. and -exhale on the way up-. some people forget to do that. these are very effective tho :)
  • chantalsantos
    Options
    i got it too, had 3 c-section...ive been working on it..it went down alot but i think the pouch is staying unless you want to get surgery i might consider it one day since ive already have a scar there due to the c-section but if you dont have the c-section scar i wouldnt consider it cuz it sucks to have a scar like that and also make sure ur done with having babies before getting surgery if its something u would consider cuz then it would be pointless cuz it most likely be back...but i walk/jog everyday for an hour and also do some strengh trainning and it went down so maybe you will be happy with just that, but planks are for sure good plus they strenghing ur lower back also so thats a bonus
  • notwCherri
    Options
    The 'pooch' is a genic 'defect' in my family. No matter how thin you are it is still there. Lol. My daughter worked at the YMCA so she could work out free and also had a personal trainer. She is tall and fitness model thin. Everyone she asked about her pooch said you need to go on a very low carb diet to get rid of it! She did and it was gone!! I have read similar things. Unless it is a pooch from having kids, gaining lots of weight, c-section, hysterectomy. That is mostly stretched skin and cut/weak muscles. Typically that takes surgery. As for your lower back issues: work your CORE and walk. I know it sounds crazy - but I was in a bad accident and my PT has had me doing crunches, reverse crunches, the plank, etc, from day one. The more you move the better you will feel! Good luck! :)
  • mattie11
    mattie11 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I think Pilates might help that area. You use a lot of core muscles. As others have said though I think it is just the way some women our built. I was thin and still had one.
  • lotrisneat
    lotrisneat Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My Mom had her pooch after I was born for over twenty years. The only way that she finally got rid of it was by completely eliminating sugar from her diet. She exercised, did abs, ate healthy, etc. but cutting out sugar was what did the trick.
  • loriefolk
    loriefolk Posts: 352
    Options
    Crunches may be old school but they are effective. Butterfly kicks and reverse crunches are awesome as well!

I'm a mom of 3 (all c-sections). My youngest is 9 months :)
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I think Pilates might help that area. You use a lot of core muscles. As others have said though I think it is just the way some women our built. I was thin and still had one.

Pilates definitely helped me get a LOT flatter on the tummy area, but I don't think it'll ever go completely.

My recommendation is Spanx
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    lol lol lol I just googled the term and its kinda funny! How have I not heard it before???
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

Seriously though, they're brilliant, and not even unconfortable (just getting them on takes a bit of work). Great for a night out in that slinky dress...
  • Inpjs66
    Inpjs66 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have had 2 c-sections and my doctor told me that you will never get rid of it because all of your muscles were cut. She told me that you could get it to be smaller but it will always be there. Your muscles have been torn and cut, so they do not have the elasticity and norm that the rest have.

As far as the FUPA, my problem now that I am over 40 is the pouch above the belly button!
  • Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I have one from 2 c-sections as well. When i lost the weight after the babies, it went down a little, and as soon as i gained weight it's back worse than ever before! It's so NOT cute right?! I agree with the post above about surgery removing it and trust me, if i ever got any type of plastic surgery- that would be it!!! (altho, i seriousely doubt i ever will...lol)
  • chantalsantos
    Options
    hey i found this artical about the pouch here it is

MYTH: Performing countless abdominal crunches thinking it will get rid of the “pooch” area on the lower tummy/abdominal area.
    I get a question related to this issue approximately 20 times per week. It is not possible to spot reduce any area of the body. The real solution is to reduce overall body fat through a slight caloric deficit, add resistance exercise (weight training) to stimulate the metabolism, and cardiovascular exercise to burn additional calories. That’s the way to fat loss.

Performing crunches will never reduce the abdominal area because it only serves to strengthen muscle, not flatten a specific area. Just as 200 bicep curls will not make the arm smaller, nor will 200 abdominal crunches make the waist smaller. You cannot spot reduce any part of the body. It’s just not physiologically possible
  • maurita17
    maurita17 Posts: 11
    Options
    I love the Shred, I've been doing this as well but not everyday. It's too hard on my knees. I just ordered her new Ripped in 30 days. Looking forward to starting that next week.
    [/quote]

I just started the Ripped in 30 the other day. its Awesome!! and boy am i sore today!
    I had never used weights in my work out before and ive been doing it with 5lbs weights my arms hate me today
  • Cathy92
    Cathy92 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I have had 2 c-sections and my doctor told me that you will never get rid of it because all of your muscles were cut. She told me that you could get it to be smaller but it will always be there. Your muscles have been torn and cut, so they do not have the elasticity and norm that the rest have.

As far as the FUPA, my problem now that I am over 40 is the pouch above the belly button!

That helps explain mine then. At one point I was very thin and it was smaller but definitely there so I couldn't wear a bikini. Al the muscles have been cut there due to a surgery. Never thought of that affecting the area before..No wonder the surgeon said he wouldn't do liposuction, he'd just remove it. As I said before it didn't seem like a big enough problem to justify the dangers involved. I like one piece bathing suits just fine.
  • plc765
    plc765 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I started week two of Ripped in 30 yesterday, and it is insane! The girls behind her even have trouble with some moves, which actually makes me feel better, and I really feel like i'm getting a kicka$$ workout! I love the meal plan also.
  • taliabobalia
    Options
    I know this is an old thread, but I figured I'd add my two cents. I do leg lifts. They tone and strengthen the lower abdominals (FUPA, front butt, etc) & are fairly easy. Just lie on the ground, hands at your sides. With your legs touching, lift them only 3-4 inches off the ground. Hold that pose for as long as you can - start with 15 seconds, work up to 30. Do about 10 reps, or more if you don't feel challenged enough. After each rep, tuck your knees into your chest to stretch your back. Then you can really test yourself with alternating leg lifts. Lift both legs and try lifting one slightly higher than the other, and switch. Also, lift your legs and move them up and down without touching the floor or bending your knees for 15-30 seconds. You'll see that they're not as easy as they sound, but are really helpful. Good luck ;)
  • pandagirl36
    Options
    This is quite interesting, this is the first "blog" I have read on here and it is about the same kind of problem I will have, I am sure, since I have had 3 c-sections. Lower abs problems are going to be a problem foe me as well because I have always had a lower ab problem. Can't wait to see what the "cure" is.